Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through providing services to support them? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as an Occupational Health Nurse. DDD provides individuals with developmental disabilities, and their families, services and supports that are flexible, high quality, and member driven. These services provide individuals with opportunities to exercise their rights and responsibilities of independent decision-making and engagement in the community.
• Responsible for overseeing and tracking employee health requirements including tracking and reporting of COVID 19 infections, exempt COVID 19 testing, and all other COVID 19 activities.
• Review medical forms related to Fit Testing and track compliance with Fit Testing. Track TB screenings/compliance.
• Ensure staff are trained and knowledgeable of infection control standards for their safety. Observe and provide incidental training to staff on infection control standards.
• Serve as the Subject Matter Expert and member of the State Operated Residential Services Quality Assurance committee providing data on a regular basis. Assist in the response and development of Emergency Preparedness policy, procedures, and standards for Public Health Emergencies.
• Collection and analysis, report writing, and data presentation
CDC, CMS, and OSHA regulations
• Employee health standards
• Infection control standards
• Organization, planning and time management.
• Collaboration, leadership, and conflict resolution
• Various computer software programs.
• Maintain, protect, and preserve health information of employees in their work environment
• Analyze and prioritize risk factors to achieve highest level of health among employees
• Conduct and coordinate trainings on identified issues and procedures
• Degree in Nursing
• Required at time of appointment: possession of a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Arizona.
• Employee shall have a valid Level One fingerprint clearance card issued to work with children and vulnerable adults.
• Candidates for this position shall be subject to a search of both the Child Protective Services Central Registry and the Adult Protective Services Registry.
• In-state travel is required. This position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Jean Harberts at 520-483-7072 or JHarberts@azdes.gov. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as sign language interpreter or alternative format by contacting 520-483-7072 or JHarberts@azdes.gov. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.