Our Office of Continuous Improvement Administrator oversees the Agency’s Arizona Management System (AMS) and business intelligence teams in pursuit of ADEQ mission outcomes. Works with Agency divisions to drive process improvement visibility and awareness; provides assistance in projects; works with management to define business needs and implement innovative solutions.
Major responsibilities include:
• Leads the ongoing transformation of the AMS at ADEQ;
• Build relationships with agency Division Directors and management staff; assist ADEQ divisions with identifying opportunities and executing to close performance gaps;
• Assists in facilitating Kaizen events with cross-functional teams; Assists in overseeing product and service quality and delivery improvements using formal process improvement methodologies;
• Participates in providing training for Kaizen events for agency project teams that ensure team members have the knowledge required for project success;
• Drives the development and implementation of performance measures including delivery of data analytics to ensure efficacy of process improvements;
• Development of unit goals and strategies, develops policies and procedures, ensures the unit operations meet established time lines and objectives;
• Infrequent travel may be required to visit agency operations throughout Arizona.
• Strong knowledge of process improvement and management frameworks; leading Kaizen events; delivering presentations to a variety of audiences (executive, senior, and mid-level management); business practices and processes
• Expert knowledge and experience implementing Continuous Improvement principles and methods
• Knowledge of management techniques, particularly the coordination of personnel and resources through results-driven leadership, including task delegation, performance specifications, employee motivation, team based problem solving and principles of performance and visual management; analytical data collection, analysis and interpretation, and of statistical procedures and testing methods; project management; data management principles and techniques to assure data integrity; meeting facilitation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, or an environmental related degree
• 5-8 years of appropriate experience in a regulatory agency, consulting, or private industry
• 3 years of supervisory/leadership experience
• Experience in LEAN or Process Improvement implementation, systems development, government, implementing "High Performance Culture," tools that engage front-line supervisors in the continuous improvement culture.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Pension Benefit
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.