Under general supervision perform a variety of work activities while providing customer service in the operation of recreational, historic or natural features of the area, or historic objects /artifacts for visitors; and ensures public safety by enforcing Park rules and regulations.
• Host visitors.
• Conducts interpretive programs and may lead guided walks or hikes.
• Provides information in response to visitor questions, directions, guidance, and concerns.
• Provides customer service by phone and in-person and respond to publics inquiries about park
hours, accommodations and reservations.
• Perform cashier duties at Contact Station/Gift Shop.
• Collect and account for fees for park admission and store purchases.
• Promote the safety of park visitors, enforce Park rules and protect Park resources.
• Utilize two-way radio communications system.
• Confers with local officials and law enforcement officers.
• Completes all necessary reports concerning incidents.
• Maintains all restrooms in clean, sanitary conditions to include disinfecting toilets, sinks, and water fountains. Sweep and mop floors. Restock towels, toilet paper, soap dispensers.
• Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
• Park rules, fees and revenue functions.
• Techniques for display and interpretation of objects, artifacts and general resources to visitors.
• General office procedures.
• Public relations and information dissemination, active listening, service orientation, critical
• Driving and operating automatic equipment
• Basic curatorial techniques.
• Research of natural or historical information.
• Performing math calculations.
• First aid techniques.
• Oral and written communications.
• Interpersonal relationships.
• De-escalate upset or noncompliant visitors.
Two years of experience equivalent to a Park Ranger Specialist , OR three years of work experience in customer service .library or museum work; OR a Bachelor’s degree in Park Management, Forestry , Natural Resources Management, or a closely related field. Any combination of training and experience that meet knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted .
Must possess and maintain a current Arizona Driver’s license appropriate to assignment. Some positions may require certification as an Emergency Medical Technician.
The State’s comprehensive benefits package includes, affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans. Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans, deferred compensation plan. Accrued sick leave and vacation leave, ten paid holidays per year and wellness plans.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible for Arizona State Retirement System pension. Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment for newly hired State of Arizona employees.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.