Under general supervision, performs a variety of skilled and specialized work activities in the operation of a recreational, water-based park. Maintains infrastructure, amenities and features of the area, serves as a resource for visitors and ensures public safety by enforcing Park rules and regulations.
• Infrastructure & Amenities
- Performs general tasks necessary to insure proper working order and condition of park buildings,
equipment, infrastructure and amenities
• Public & Staff Safety
- Promote the safety of park visitors and enforces Park rules and protect Park resources.
- Utilizes two-way radio communications system.
- Confers with local officials and law enforcement officers.
- Completes all necessary reports concerning incidents.
• Customer Service
- Provides customer service by phone and in-person and respond to publics inquires about park
hours, accommodations, reservations.
• Water Compliance/Reporting
- Under direction, executes the daily activities necessary to ensure the safe operation of the water
& wastewater operations at Buckskin Mountain/River Island.
- Records and completes all necessary reports concerning Buckskin Mountain/River Island Water
& Wastewater operations,
- Documents, records and submits records and reports within established requirements.
• Cash Handling
- Perform, cashier duties at Contact Station/Gift Shop; collect and account for fees for park
admission and store purchases.
• May lead and assist in training subordinate staff.
• Other Duties as assigned as related to the position.
• Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
• Park rules, fees and revenue functions.
• Techniques for display and interpretation of objects, artifacts and general resources to visitors.
• General office procedures.
• Water and wastewater treatment equipment and practices.
• Public relations and information dissemination, active listening, service orientation, critical thinking.
• Driving and operating automatic equipment.
• Basic water and waster operations techniques.
• Perform procedures associated with water and wastewater treatment.
• Perform math calculations.
• First aid techniques.
• Oral and written communications.
• Interpersonal relationships.
• De-escalate upset or noncompliant visitors.
Two years of experience equivalent to a Park Ranger Specialist , OR three years of work experience in customer service, library or museum work; OR a Bachelor’s degree in Park Management, Forestry , Natural Resources Management, or a closely related field. Any combination of training and experience that meet knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted .
• Must possess and maintain a current Arizona Driver’s license appropriate to assignment.
• Within six months of hire, possess and maintain CPR/First Aid certification.
• At time of hire, or within 12 months, possess and maintain minimum Grade 1 certification from
ADEQ for Water Treatment, Water Distribution, Waste Water Treatment and Waste Water
The State’s comprehensive benefits package includes, affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans. Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans, deferred compensation plan. Accrued sick leave and vacation leave, ten paid holidays per year and wellness plans.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible for Arizona State Retirement System pension. Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment for newly hired State of Arizona employees.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.