**Must be able to work Evenings, Weekends and Holidays**
Under general supervision, performs a variety of skilled and specialized work activities in the operation of a recreational. historic or natural resource park; interprets natural features of the area including those associated with water based recreation; and ensures public safety by enforcing Park rules and regulations.
- Hosts visitors.
- Coordinates safety and compliance efforts for water based outdoor recreation.
- Provides information in response to visitor questions, direction. guidance, and concerns.
- Leads as a qualified boating safety operator. staff on watercraft for buoy and navigational light inspections and repairs.
Public & Staff Safety:
- Conduct safety inspections of park facilities utilized for water based recreation such as docks and ramps.
- Provide maintenance, cleaning and repairs as needed.
- Coordinates and partners with other agencies which include AZ Game & Fish and US Coast Guard.
- Promote the safety of park visitors and enforces Park rules and protect Park resources.
- Utilizes two-way radio communications system.
- Confers with local officials and law enforcement officers.
- Provides customer service by phone and in-person and responds to public inquiries about park hours, accommodations, reservations, etc.
- Records and completes all necessary reports concerning, buoy and navigational lights and required by internal and external agencies and audiences.
- Completes all necessary internal reports including, incident, procurement, life jacket loaner stations, etc...
- Performs cashier duties at Contact Station/Gift Shop; collects and accounts for park fees and store purchases.
- May lead and assist in training subordinate staff and/or volunteers.
- Other duties assigned to the position.
• Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
• Park rules, fees and revenue functions.
• Boating safety and operations including dock and launch systems;
• General office procedures.
• Park standards for safety and maintenance and general resources to visitors.
• Public relations and information dissemination,
• Service orientation, active listening, critical thinking.
• Driving and operating automotive and boating equipment.
• Basic computer operation.
• Familiarity with GPS coordination.
• Oral and written communication.
• Providing skilled operation, maintenance and repair of watercraft and equipment
• First Aid technique.
• Interpersonal techniques.
Three years experience in park operations, public programs, public events, customer service, outdoor recreation, park management OR a Bachelor's degree in Park Management, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, or a closely related field. Any combination of training and experience that meet knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted.
Must possess and maintain a current Arizona Driver's license appropriate to assignment. Require certification verifying completion of Safe Boating Operator program within 6 months of hire.
The State’s comprehensive benefits package includes, affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans. Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans, deferred compensation plan. Accrued sick leave and vacation leave, ten paid holidays per year and wellness plans.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible for Arizona State Retirement System pension. Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment for newly hired State of Arizona employees.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.