Under supervision of the Park Manager or Assistant Park Manager, this position supervises the work activities of staff rangers and volunteers in a variety of skilled field work activities associated with operations and maintenance of a recreation-based park. This position is responsible for recommending improvement and repair projects, and inspecting and maintaining park facilities and grounds in a timely manner.
- Duties include but are not limited to performing, coordinating, leading and supervising facility maintenance and repairs, landscaping, and other projects within the park while following maintenance standards.
- Leads and participates in various custodial duties.
- Manages repairs to implements and fleet vehicles.
- Supervises all staff and volunteers in these tasks.
- Coordinates with contractors when needed for facility and fleet repairs.
- In addition, performs all purchasing related to these maintenance projects.
- Provides customer service by phone and in-person and responds to public inquiries about park hours, accommodations, reservations, etc.
- Performs cashier duties at Contact Station/Gift Shop.
- Collects and accounts for park fees and store purchases.
Public & Staff Safety:
- Promotes the safety of park visitors, enforces Park rules and protects Park resources.
- Utilizes two-way radio communications system.
- Confers with local officials and law enforcement officers.
- Participates in rescues and helps manage emergency situations.
- Completes all necessary reports concerning incidents.
Other duties as assigned to the position.
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Park rules/ regulations, fees and revenue functions,
- Techniques for interpretation of general park resources to visitors.
- General office procedures.
- Basic first Aid training.
- Computer skills.
- Public relations and information dissemination.
- Customer service; active listening.
- Critical thinking.
- Driving and operating automotive equipment.
- Custodial techniques.
- Oral and written communication.
- Public speaking.
- Intermediate building, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and vehicle maintenance skills.
- First aid and emergency response.
- Research information related to park resources, repairs, parts purchases, etc.
- Performing math calculations.
- Working in team and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
- Effective communication verbally and in writing.
- Work weekends, holidays, night shifts, and outside in extreme temperatures.
- Helps maintain buildings, vehicles, and grounds. Enforces rules and regulations.
- Maintain professional demeanor in emergencies or high-stress situations.
Documented job experience in the trades such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, vehicle maintenance, facility or grounds maintenance. Prior experience in the upkeep and operation of a recreational park.
Must possess and maintain a current Arizona Driver’s license appropriate to assignment. Some positions may require certification as an Emergency Medical Technician.
The State’s comprehensive benefits package includes, affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans. Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans, deferred compensation plan. Accrued sick leave and vacation leave, ten paid holidays per year and wellness plans.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible for Arizona State Retirement System pension. Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment for newly hired State of Arizona employees.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.