The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a PC Technician. The PC Technician supports the day-to-day operations of the AHCCCS end user’s virtual & Azure (Intune) environments.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Be the primary owner of assigned open issues until problem is resolved and ticket is closed
● Provide advanced level troubleshooting to uncover the specific functional problem of any issue, installing software, deploying hardware (i.e., desktop, laptops, cellphones, tablets, and all peripheral accessories).
● Perform root cause analysis by validating, isolating, and correcting faults, and verifying service restoration with customers
● Provide updates and/or steps for problem resolution to Helpdesk Analyst, Service Desk Analysts I.
● Monitors and manages user accounts, and maintains equipment
● Maintains asset inventory list
● Various projects including but not limited to: Hardware/Software upgrades, operating system deployments, new hire deployments, cellphone/tablet deployments, and projects to minimize security risks to the agency.
● Advanced working knowledge of service offerings, customer service principles and processes, back-office server applications, desktop applications, web-based applications, computer/networking hardware, standard operating systems (WIN, IOS & Android), common third party software applications, internally developed customer applications, application integrations, networking protocols, and any other computer related technologies.
● Strong customer service skills
● Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
● Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
● Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
● Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
● Advanced troubleshooting/problem solving skills
● Advanced ability to resolve incidents/problems, efficiently and effectively, recognizing customers’ competence levels, and able to approach each level appropriately
● CompTIA A+ Certification or the equivalent of 2+ years pc technician experience.
● Associate degree plus 1 –3 years of experience in desktop support (or equivalent experience)
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
• A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
• A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
• Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
• RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
• A variety of learning and career development opportunities
• Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
• Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
• Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
• Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
• Voluntary participation.
• Program administered through Nationwide.
• Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.