The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a PC Technician. The PC Technician supports the day-to-day operations of the AHCCCS end user client environments. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Be the primary owner of assigned open issues until problem is resolved and ticket is closed
• Provide advanced level troubleshooting to uncover the specific functional problem of any issue, Resolve hardware and network connectivity issues, troubleshoot VPN issues
• Configuring new desktops/laptops, installing software and hardware break/fix repair and maintaining of entire desktop/laptop systems
• Coordinate with vendors to resolve in warranty hardware issues, data communications, security and telecommunications groups to provide integration with the WAN
• Work on planned projects assisting with hardware upgrades, computer operating systems upgrades, important software updates
• Maintains asset inventory, write and update procedure manuals and user guides, document ticket resolutions for knowledge base
• Demonstrated knowledge of pc and laptop architecture and operating systems
• Experienced in NT network operating system and desktop WIN 10 operating systems environment
• Detailed analysis and resolution of general operating problems to optimize performance within pc environments, network environments, virtual environments
• Technical problem-solving skills with ability to utilize all resources to find answers to all related items
• Proficient in pc application software installation and software licensing standards and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with business and other diversely talented technicians with a high degree of accuracy and detail
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team
• Associate’s degree, plus 1 –3 years of experience in desktop support (or equivalent experience).
• CompTIA A+ Certification or the equivalent of 2+ years PC technician experience.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.