This position is responsible for procuring commodities and services requested by the Department of Child Safety (DCS) offices; preparing and conducting informal solicitations for commodities and general services; documenting the receipts of goods and services; participating in LEAN processes to create efficiencies for the department; and providing status updates to end users and procurement management.
DCS offers a Bi-Lingual Stipend to all interested and eligible DCS Employees who successfully complete a language proficiency exam. Qualifying employees will receive a $500 annual stipend paid in equal increments.
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at DCS!
- Receive, review, input and track purchasing requests for assigned commodities, analyze requests against available contracted items
- Confirm accuracy of NIGP, cost allocation and other necessary accounting codes for which purchases will be charged against
- Issue purchase orders for assigned commodities and services
- Conduct small dollar purchases up to delegated procurement authority in accordance with Procurement Code and related policies
- Prepare and conduct informal solicitations
- Maintain and compile accurate records
- Update and generate reports
- Provide technical assistance to both internal and external customers
- Assist in the administration of the Department Procurement Card (P-Card) program
- Performs other duties appropriate to assignment
- State and Federal Statutes appropriate to the area of assignment
- Arizona Procurement Code
- Basic purchasing and contract process
- Negotiation techniques
- Verbal and written communication
- Utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
- Utilizing an eProcurement system
- Utilizing general office equipment
- Interpret and apply agency and program policies and procedures
- Work well under pressure
- Work as a member of a team
- Three (3) years of experience performing work in areas of purchasing, accounting, budget, administrative or related field.
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB for a professional purchasing organization).
Ability to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.