Salary: $50,000 - $56,800
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE. You will be able to upload your resume, unofficial transcripts, and cover letter explaining how your skills are a good fit for the position.
As a Performance Auditor I or II, you will work in a respectful, collaborative environment on a team to evaluate state agencies, boards, commissions, universities, and other governmental entities to assess their operations’ effectiveness and efficiency. In accordance with government auditing standards, you will gather information, identify areas for further work, and perform audit procedures to write findings and make appropriate recommendations for improvement. Our findings help to ensure that agencies and programs are achieving their intended results, efficiently managing operations, meeting program’s mission, and complying with laws and regulations.
We need individuals who are inquisitive, highly skilled at writing, well organized, and self-motivated, and who enjoy analytical research and appreciate the importance of teamwork and constructive feedback. The most desirable degrees for this position are centered around the social sciences, such as Public Administration, Political Science, Anthropology, History, English, Sociology, and Public Policy.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, employees currently work a hybrid in-person/telecommuting schedule. This schedule is subject to change. Additionally, the Office has implemented safety guidelines and protocols for our team members to follow to help ensure their and agency personnel’s safety.
• Researching standards, best practices, laws and regulations, and other applicable resources.
• Gaining an overall understanding of the auditee.
• Evaluating auditees’ internal controls conducting interviews with auditee staff.
• Determining auditees’ compliance with laws, regulations, and other applicable standards.
• Preparing audit documentation that supports audit results
• Drafting and editing audit findings to adhere to the standards and the Office’s writing style.
• Accepting and responding to supervisor feedback in a positive and timely manner.
• Willingness to travel out-of-town 5-10%.
Depending on your experience, you could be hired as:
Performance Auditor I:
$50,000 (Bachelor’s degree)
$53,000 (Master’s degree, preferred)
Performance Auditor II:
$53,800 (Bachelor’s degree)
$56,800 (Master’s degree, preferred)
Applicants should possess the following skills:
• Exemplary oral communication skills
• Ability to synthesize audit evidence to reach conclusions
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to interact with coworkers and auditees professionally and ethically
• Solid and time-management skills
• Working knowledge of Windows and Office 365, including: Word, Excel, and Teams
Master's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA in a social science, such as Public Administration, Political Science, Anthropology, History, English, Sociology, and Public Policy.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA in a social science, such as Public Administration, Political Science, Anthropology, History, English, Sociology, and Public Policy.
Please apply on our website. You will be able to upload your resume, unofficial transcripts, and cover letter explaining how your skills are a good fit for the position.
The Arizona Auditor General offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Generous vacation with 10 paid holidays per year and paid sick leave
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Retirement plan with 100% employer match
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life
• Flexible work schedules, including telecommuting options
• Business casual dress code
• Continuing education and path to advancement
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Arizona State Retirement System
If you have any questions, please contact Beth Entringer at 602-553-9854 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.