At ADEQ our vision is to be the number one state in the nation in balanced, leading-edge environmental protection; through technical and operational excellence; and radical simplicity for customers and staff. We are currently looking for employees who are committed to our Agency, passionate to excel in their career and engaged in our mission. Only this caliber of employee will be successful in driving our Agency towards accomplishing our vision.
As one of the PFAS Sampling Technicians, you will be responsible for sampling of per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) at all public water systems in Arizona. A state vehicle will be available for all required travel. Duties and responsibilities will include calling and emailing public water systems and sampling at entry points to the distribution system (EPDS) and/or at the well per the Quality Assurance Project Plan. The project must be completed by June 30, 2023.
• Gmail, Google Meets, Google Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
• LEAN management/ Arizona Management System (results-driven management system focusing on customer service, transparency and accountability and continuous improvement)
• Knowledge of Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and state regulations
• Knowledge of per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)
Skills and Abilities:
• Self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks without direct supervision.
• Problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks.
• Ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate reports and to summarize completed tasks.
Ideal candidate will possess:
• Associate’s degree or higher in Environmental Science/Management, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental/Civil Engineering, Hydrology, Geology, Sustainability, or Business Management
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Benefits
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.