This position is available for remote work within Arizona (including in office/hoteling).
This position is responsible for reviewing submitted construction and installation plans for compliance with Statute, Rules, adopted codes and standards; provides regulatory and code guidance to department personnel, licensees, registrants, contractors, and the public; responsible for reporting, data collection and record keeping.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Many State employees participate in the State's Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes and in office/hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, shall be performed within Arizona.
• Review factory built building construction and installation plans, manufactured housing installation and accessory plans, compliance assurance manuals for compliance.
• Work with agency personnel to ensure consistent program compliance; provide administrative and technical support to the Plan Review Manager, Deputy Director and other staff within the department.
• Interact with licensees, public, local jurisdictions, and third party entities contracted with the department; conflict resolution.
• Administrative duties: record keeping, report writing, review of internal policies and procedures, assists in gathering and analyzing monthly statistics, training.
• Participate in and assist in implementing ongoing process improvements for the department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Federal regulations
• State statutes and Rules
• Adopted building codes
• Construction, manufacturing, and installation methods related to regulated buildings
• Basic statistical and data gathering techniques
• Continuous improvement methodology
• Review and analyze policies and procedures
• Preparing reports
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Implementation of new processes
• Identifying problems
• Solving problems
• Basic computer skills
• Read and understand engineered design plans and specifications
• Apply required knowledge
• Support staff
• Manage project and special assignments
• Work with diverse populations
Must have the ability to obtain a valid Arizona driver’s license. Certifications in relevant ICC codes/NEC preferred, but not required.
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
By providing the option of a remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive.
Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) is required. New hires may be subject to a 27 week waiting period for enrollment.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.