The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking experienced Plumbers to install, maintain and repair sanitation units, water and heating systems, and associated fixtures at the Arizona State Prison Complex – Perryville.
- Plans, supervises and directs the work of inmate crews
- Maintains the inventory of plumbing tools and equipment
- Repairs water heaters, sinks, toilets, and boilers
- Installs and cleans plumbing drains, fixtures, and water lines
- Responds to emergency calls after hours as needed
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- General building and preventative maintenance
- Water heaters and water boilers, drainage, waste systems, and backflows, plumbing tools/equipment
- National and local building codes and safety practices
- Commercial gas lines
- Basic blueprints
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office and Google Suites to create reports and charts
- Written and verbal communication
- Scheduling of maintenance repairs and preventive maintenance programs for the facility
- Time management and organizational techniques/methods
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal and employee relationships within all organizational levels
- Read and understand blueprints, schematics, and sketches
- Remodel, install and construct utility services
- Work in a prison environment
- One (1) year of journeyman level plumbing experience
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation, drug test, and a medical/physical examination.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Corrections Officer Retirement Plan (CORP).
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.