The Arizona Exposition and State Fair is seeking a full-time skilled and experienced Plumber to join our Crew!
As a Plumber with the Arizona Exposition and State Fair you will be conducting periodic and special inspections of plumbing and heating equipment according to a schedule or according to work order. Determining condition of equipment, and recommends repair or replacement to be made. Installs equipment such as drinking fountains, water heaters, sinks, boilers, toilets, dishwashers, water softeners, and heating units. Installing, replacing and repairing piping of all types used for gas, water and sewage. Reading blueprints or other specifications for correct placement of equipment. Making spot repairs if at all possible. Ordering parts and materials necessary to complete any job. Inspecting completed work for proper operation. Making adjustments, threads pipes, bends pipes to prepare for jobs. Using pipe cutter, reamer, threading machine, snakes, cables, and other plumbing repair devices. Keeping records of materials used and work completed. May weld, braze or solder plumbing connections; assist other trades as needed. May instruct others.
• Perform skilled plumbing duties in the installation, remodeling, maintenance, restoration, inspection and/or repair of facility.
• Maintain all property in good repair and operation as pertains to classification; complete all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Conducts periodic and special inspections of plumbing and heating equipment according to a schedule or according to work order.
• Complete necessary paperwork or reports as required; keeps records of materials used and work completed; maintains inventory records.
• Performs safety checks on all equipment used in completion of job; uses pipe cutter, reamer, threading machine, snakes, cables, and other plumbing repair devices.
• Makes spot repairs if at all possible. Adheres to all safety rules as well as National and local building codes.
• Orders parts and materials necessary to complete any job. Inspects completed work for proper operation.
• Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
• Knowledge of general building maintenance and preventative maintenance.
• Knowledge of hot water heaters, water softeners, boilers, plumbing codes, drainage and waste systems, back-flows, plumbing tools/equipment.
• Knowledge of national and local building codes; common and specialized tools, equipment and materials related to the trade.
• Knowledge of common safety practices; policies and procedures established for the work system.
• Skills in time management; good written and verbal communication skills.
• Skills in organization and scheduling of maintenance repairs and preventative maintenance program for the facility.
• Skills in applying and understanding National and local building codes.
• Skills in common safety practices; the trade of a plumber; using common and specialized tools, equipment and materials.
• Ability to order and estimate materials and cost.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to manage time effectively, keep simple records.
• Ability to interact with people.
• Ability to to learn and to operate understand blueprint, schematics, and sketches; to remodel, install and construct utility services.
• One year of plumber experience or a minimum of two years of hands-on training working with a licensed contractor or a combination of training and experience that meet the knowledge, skills and abilities may be substituted.
• Some positions may require possession of a valid Arizona driver's license at a level appropriate to the position/assignment and retention of said license during the period of employment.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a medical/physical examination and drug screen; this position requires flexibility with work and varied work schedules.
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Cindy Soto at email@example.com for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.