The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking a creative individual to educate and lead the inmate workforce in the graphic/print shop. The Print Production Specialists will be responsible for all day-to-day operations of the Perryville graphic/print shop unit.
- Utilizes and operates sheet and web presses, commercial printing, cutters, folders, electronic pre-press and associated design/layout graphics software
- Supervises and trains an inmate workforce in all areas of maintenance, repair, setup, and production in offset and digital printing
- Completes daily attendance records, work assignment rosters, bimonthly inmate payroll, and monthly work evaluations
- Maintains minimum/maximum levels of raw materials to ensure uninterrupted production
- Ensures regulations and quality assurance programs are being enforced/followed
- Communicates with external customers and vendors
- Communicates accurate data, both oral and written pertaining to the status of the operation as required by management
- Coordinates with the quality assurance department, operations control, and other manufacturing departments to ensure compliance with policies
- Prepares reports and cost estimations
- Attends staff training and meetings
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Materials used in offset printing
- Management and supervision techniques
- Operation and maintenance of sheet and web presses, cutters, folders, and electronic pre-press, and associated design/layout graphics software
- Verbal and written communication
- Safety standards/regulations
- Operations and maintenance of equipment and machinery utilized
- Security requirements and practices
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Work in a prison environment
- Train, direct, supervise, and evaluate inmate workers
- Use a personal computer and associated software applications
- Adhere to departmental policies and procedures.
- Experience utilizing and operating sheet and web presses, and/or graphic design within the printing industry including offset, process and digital printing
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation, drug test* and a medical/physical examination.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Corrections Officer Retirement Plan (CORP).
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.