The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking a creative individual to educate and lead the inmate workforce in the graphic/print shop. The Print Production Specialists will be responsible for all day-to-day operations of the Perryville graphic/print shop unit utilizing and operating sheet and web presses, cutters, and folders.
- Supervises and trains an inmate workforce in the assigned manufacturing center
- Communicates with customers and vendors to ensure proper specifications and dimensions; with Quality Assurance Department to ensure compliance with policies; with Operations Control and other manufacturing departments
- Attends staff training and performs additional duties as required
- Prepares report and cost estimates as required by management
- Maintains daily attendance and work assignments roster, bimonthly inmate payroll, and monthly work evaluations
- Monitors and controls inventory levels, requisition of raw materials and supplies,
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Materials used in offset printing
- Management and supervision techniques for the assigned inmate workforce
- Operation and maintenance of sheet and web presses, cutters, and folders
- Verbal and written communication
- Safety standards/regulations
- Operations and maintenance of equipment and machinery utilized
- Security requirements and practices
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Work in a prison environment
- Train, direct, supervise, and evaluate inmate workers
- Use a personal computer and associated software applications
- Adhere to departmental policies and procedures
- Preferred candidate will possess on-the-job experience utilizing and operating sheet and web presses, cutters, folders, and have supervision and management experience
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation, drug test, and a medical/physical examination.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term, and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Corrections Officer Retirement Plan (CORP).
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.