The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation &Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking a detail-oriented candidate to assume the role of Procurement Technician. This position will serve the state by supporting contract owners and the entire Procurement Services team in a variety of ways, both strategic and administrative.
- Utilizes a procure-to-pay system such as ProcureAZ to process requisitions and purchase orders; Primarily in support of the Central Office and assists other locations as required
- Develops, prepares for signatures, and maintain competitive agreements through the formal bidding process and non-competitive agreements (i.e. Inmate Work Contracts)
- Conducts contract administration activities such as renewing/extending contracts, requesting and reviewing certificates of insurance, and resolving contractual issues
- Contributes to all the strategic sourcing, compliance, and process continuous improvements while learning and growing in capabilities and increasing supply chain and compliance knowledge
- Partner or lead a variety of key Procurement/Lean/ Kaizen/project activities
- Reads and studies bulletins, articles, literature, and attends professional development events to gain current industry best practices
- Attends and conducts presentations at agency and professional organization meetings in order to gain experience for potential progression into advanced roles
- Drive on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- State and Federal statutes and rules related to government procurement activities
- Contract administration best practices to determine appropriate sourcing strategies/methods
- Lean tools and methodology
- Effective negotiation techniques and methods of conducting research
- Relationship management, budget development, and expenditure control solicitation techniques
- Personal computers using various software applications
- General accounting practices as they relate to contracts and vendors
- Supply source, local and national markets, and price trends
- Developing and implementing various sourcing strategies based upon business strategic goals/objectives
- Interpreting applicable laws, rules, policies, and procedures
- Conducting data analysis to produce effective and accountable contracts
- Establishing and maintaining customer and supplier relationships
- Preparing well-written solicitation/responses
- Written and verbal communication
- Developing effective monitoring and reporting tools
- Interpreting business issues and recommending solutions
- Implement strategic sourcing strategies
- Establish and maintain effective customer and supplier relationships
- Adapt to changing goals and priorities
- Lead teams using a variety of lean tools
- Synthesize, summarize, and analyze a variety of data/sources and formulate workable recommendations
- Work in a dynamic team environment
- Understand the AZ Procurement code statutes and policies
Two (2) or more years of experience working with procurement laws, rules, and regulations, preparing a request for quotations, and invitations for bids
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.