Are you interested in an environment where leaders foster a culture based on respect for people and continuous improvement? ADOT leaders model a collaborative, problem solving, and coaching based culture focused on employee engagement and development. Leaders are accountable, transparent, and communicative as they sustain an inclusive, diverse, and safe environment. ADOT leaders are visible and present, demonstrating: We are One ADOT
Serve as the primary point of contact for MVD’s external stakeholders, including other state and federal agencies, law enforcement, courts, industry partners and regulated communities. Assist in creating Division executive messaging to stakeholders. Work with Division unit leaders to train staff members in understanding how changes impact internal and external stakeholders. Work closely with MVD's product owners to solve problems, and communicate needs and solutions between internal and external stakeholders. Work with Division units to provide clear and consistent messaging to external stakeholders, and ensure policies and practices are vetted before adversely impacting external partners, regulated communities or other stakeholders. Partner with ADOT's Government Relations team to quickly respond to inquiries, gather information, perform impact analysis, and track and coordinate legislative implementation within MVD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as MVD's external stakeholders' primary point of contact. Coordinate responses to escalated complaints and correspondence
• Assist in creating Division executive messaging to stakeholders.
• Work with Division unit leaders to train staff members in understanding how changes impact internal and external stakeholders
• Work closely with MVD's product owners to solve problems, and communicate needs and solutions between internal and external stakeholders
• Work with Division units to provide clear and consistent messaging to external stakeholders, and ensure policies and practices are vetted before adversely impacting external partners, regulated communities or other stakeholders
• Partner with ADOT's Government Relations team to quickly respond to inquiries, gather information, perform impact analysis, and track and coordinate legislative implementation within MVD
• Assist teams with Continuous Quality Improvement projects and analysis; assist with LEAN projects
• Strategic communication techniques; media and public relations; Intergovernmental and external relations; political processes (advanced)
• Communicating effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing; project management; presenting clearly articulated data, anticipating leadership questions; strategic thinking and planning; leadership and communication; building consensus among internal and external stakeholders
• Communicate abstract ideas clearly; to independently manage complex project objectives; to identify and draw on analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to business issues
• Independently draft and present deliverables, strategies, and recommendations; to represent the Division on multi-jurisdictional committees, task forces, and boards
• Conduct research, using gathered data, develop recommendations for improvement
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in public administration, political science, business administration, communications, or closely related field is required. Advanced
degree in Public Administration or related field is preferred. Legislative experience is preferred.
Valid Arizona Driver's License
This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign PART 1 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). If considered, PART 2 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment allows a record review and reference check. The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.11 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR and record review/ reference check.
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Mandatory participation in the Arizona Retirement System (ASRS) is required
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 712-7279. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. ADOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.