The Arizona State Land Department manages more than 10,000 leases, permits, rights of ways, sales and other contracts relating to the management use and disposition of 9.2 million acres of State Trust lands. State Trust lands are lands granted to the State of Arizona pursuant to the federal Enabling Act. The Trust lands are held in Trust for the common public schools and 13 other public institutions. Any use or disposition of Trust lands must benefit the Trust's beneficiaries.
Under the guidance and direction of the Administrative Procedures and Information (APIS) Section Manager, the Program Project Specialist 1 is responsible for serving as a process monitor and backup for the following section units: Customer Service, Records Retention, Administrative Procedures and Administrative Services.
• Serve as backup to CSRs for all Customer Services, Records Retention and Administrative Services duties when staff absences and/or volume spikes occur. (30%)
• Serve as backup to Program Project Specialist 2 for all Administrative Procedures as needed. (20%)
• Monitor agency expired leases and administer the agency's lease cancellation process. (20%)
• Serve as the Customer Service Process Monitor. Monitor and adjudicate CSR workflow and collect and report section metrics.
• Apply the principles, theories, and concepts of the Arizona Management System; actively participating in daily group huddles and huddle board updates; continually identifying areas for process and quality improvement; adhering to established standard work and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned and as related the position. (5%)
• Knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel) applications in a Windows environment;
• Knowledge/experience in general office practices and procedures;
• Knowledge of Public Records laws and confidentiality statutes is preferred;
• Knowledge of SalesForce or other widely used CRM software is preferred
• Performing detailed and complex work with accuracy and speed;
• Providing quality customer service
• Comprehend and address complex and sometimes sensitive issues;
• Articulate thoughts effectively;
• Prioritize duties to keep workload running smoothly;
• Effective oral and written communication skills;
• English grammar and business writing, including proper email etiquette
• Exceptional skill in building and maintaining positive work relationships within the Department;
• Strong quantitative skills;
• Organizational and Time management skills.
• Basic use of virtual presentation programs such WebEx or Google Meet.)
• Ability to accurately analyze and interpret financial data;
• Ability to prioritize duties to meet specified deadlines;
• Ability to work independently; to plan, analyze, coordinate activities and establish priorities; to develop effective operating procedures;
• Ability to utilize various software programs;
• Ability to effectively, professionally, and constructively communicate verbally and in writing;
• Ability to research and resolve complex problems;
• Ability to apply Department policies, procedures and the Personnel Rules;
• Ability to effectively manage time, and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and quickly recognize confidential matters, responding appropriately.;
• Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment
COVER LETTER REQUIREMENT
A cover letter is required for this position in addition to a complete resume at the time of application. The cover letter should concisely highlight experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to the job posting. The cover letter will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase of the recruitment and selection process.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of strong customer service experience with both phone and in person customers;
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience scanning, retrieving, managing electronic documents;
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience responding to sensitive requests for information and assistance, providing follow through and resolution to internal and external customers.
• Some college coursework preferred - studies in general business, business communications, and office procedures/records management.
● Prior or after interviewing, candidates may be subject to a pre-employment skills assessment.
● Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete required driver training. (refer to Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
● Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
● is a mandatory condition of employment for all employees who meet the eligibility and membership criteria as defined in statute.
● Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
● The current contribution rate is 12.41%
If you have trouble applying for this position, please email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov for assistance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting AZSLD Human Resources at 602-542-2629. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.