Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS) plays an integral role in improving Arizona’s workforce by assisting individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, and those with barriers, to prepare for and obtain meaningful employment. DERS supports Arizona employers with recruitment assistance by connecting them to a skilled workforce. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as an Apprenticeship Training Representative. This position is responsible for:
• Assist with the administration, development, and monitoring of the Registered Apprenticeship Program
• Assist with registration and documentation of apprentices and program sponsors
• Update the electronic data system under the direction of the program lead
• Respond to error reports
• Assist with compliance reviews and preparing reports
• Research and update program standards and prepare written updates and slide presentations
• Develop and update forms
• Some travel required to conduct monitoring and compliance reviews
• Interpret programmatic policy and procedures, respond to policy questions and provide technical assistance to internal and external customers.
• Assist with scheduling of compliance reviews, technical assistance, webinars, meetings and special events
• Preparation of materials and slide presentations, securing locations and making other arrangement as needed.
• Knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations governing the Arizona Apprenticeship Program, the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, as well as other workforce development programs
• Knowledge of the departmental policy and procedures
• Knowledge of the principles of documentation, service delivery practices and needs of clientele and stakeholders
• Experience with apprenticeship, career and technical education, and/or adult training programs
• Skill in written communication
• Skill in oral communication, including public speaking and participation in meetings
• Skill in tracking and summarizing programmatic data
• Skill in establishing and maintaining relationships with program related organizations and their staff
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Ability to work with customers with diverse backgrounds and educational levels
• Ability to speak and write effectively
• Ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy of products
• Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
• Knowledge of the workforce development principles and issues, including the Workforce Investment Act and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
• More than three years’ experience with technical writing and policy development
• Knowledge of case management principles
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• The position will require the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Apply through azstatejobs.azdoa.gov. For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Emmanuel Garcia at email@example.com.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480) 202-3332. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.