• The Program Project Specialists on the Fiscal Operations, Data Strategy, and Systems team will be responsible for supporting the core functions of fiscal integrity, data systems, and data strategy for the team and used by the Health and Nutrition Services (HNS) division.
• This will be accomplished by providing customer services and technical assistance through existing systems and responding to inquiries on an electronic ticketing platform. This position will support the director and specialists with data entry tasks, grant fund tracking and reconciling expenditures to meal reimbursements. Additionally, position will conduct formal and informal technology related testing in HNS systems.
• In-state and out-of-state travel is required for this position.
• Support with basic data entry and reporting of various functions. Duties include:
o Tasks to support fiscal reconciliations
o Annual review of school food authorities to determine status of excess cash
o A quarterly review of Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) costs compared to reimbursements
o An annual review of all Family Daycare Homes (FDCH) Sponsor's administrative funds carryover and grant utilization
o When applicable, duties will include data entry of reports associated with these functions
• Provide support to external customers ensuring customer satisfaction via the agency’s electronic ticketing platform including tracking of requests; these requests range from technology system access, data requests, and troubleshooting system access for customers
• Under direction, complete formal and informal testing of HNS technology systems following a prescribed testing methodology
• Support the management of entitlement funding for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Foods in Schools program. Duties include the invoicing of USDA Foods excess storage fees and direct shipments and data entry of entitlement allocations
• Support the reconciliation of entitlement between Web Based Supply Chain Management (WBSCM) and state balances and processing diversions. This position will proactively package this information for usability by team members
• Provide basic approvals of federal spending including Local Educational Agency -level capital expenditure purchases to ensure compliance with Child Nutrition Program regulations and track inventory for HNS equipment and system subscriptions.
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Testing data and systems
• Knowledge of computer information dissemination systems
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Interpersonal skills
• Intermediate skill in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Analytical skills
• Data Management
• Operate successfully in a strong team environment
• Perform to stated deadlines and to produce expected results with little supervision
• Express ideas and information clearly and concisely, both orally and writing
• Process instructions and successfully update materials and to accurately process requisitions
Preference will be given to those applicants with:
• Work experience in schools or child nutrition or health programs or other federal programs
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Hybrid schedule (combination of telework and in-office) may be available for some job roles
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.