Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
This is a FT temporary position with the State of Arizona, Department of Economic Security, not to exceed 1,500 hours by December 31, 2021 (subject to change). This position will be virtual following the first (1st) week of employment. Temporary positions are benefits eligible and receive pay for State observed holidays.
Why Should You Apply?
This is your chance to provide great customer service to Arizonans in need of temporary assistance. In addition, temporary positions offer the perfect opportunity to earn extra money while helping your community. We offer flexible scheduling opportunities, a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
This Full-Time, Inbound – Call Center position will last several months and offers:
- Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life Disability Insurance
- Competitive wages
- Flexible hours
- Paid Training
- Pay for State observed holidays
- Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Opportunity to work from home (remotely) on an ad-hoc basis
• Guide UI claimants in the correct process of submitting weekly certifications for prompt payment of their potential benefits
• Extensive telephone interviewing with claimants and/or with employers
• Explain rules, and policies to claimants
• Provide accurate and complete documentation in in the UI automated system
• Develop and cultivate employer relationships
• Knowledge of the principles and issues of new UI claims filing
• Knowledge of community resources to assist claimants obtain suitable and sustainable employment and or obtain other assistance
• Knowledge of independent decision making and knowing when to elevate decisions
• Skill in conducting interviews and gathering information while providing excellent customer service to clients seeking benefits offered by the Division
• Skill in navigating through multiple computer programs simultaneously
• Skill in program processing systems, Internet, Excel, Outlook, Word, automated office systems
• Skill in verbal and written communications, organizational skill, and time management
• Skill in typing with speed and accuracy while interviewing clients typing 35-45 wpm
• Ability to work as a team player, be flexible and reliable
• Ability to learn basic federal, state and agency statutes, rules and regulations applicable to the public assistance programs
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, may require contact with irate or hostile customers
• Ability to work in a Call Center environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external clients
• Ability to work at least 40 hours per week and provide support to the team or department
• Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Must have two year of direct customer service experience in person and/or on phones.
• Travel may be required for State Business. Employees who drive on State business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
- Opportunity to work from home (remotely) after first(1st) week of employment
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 480-714-1909. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.