Under the general supervision of the Department of Child Safety (DCS) Service Approval Program Manager, processes service approvals for out-of-home placements for children in DCS care. This position works with Placement Administration, field staff and community providers for matching and ending service approvals in Guardian and is responsible for verifying and ensuring the accuracy of service approval request information and records.
- Federal and state laws, regulations and directives governing child protective services
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - Guardian
- Knowledge of business processes as it relates to Services and Payments
- Eliciting and gathering information
- De-escalating situations
- Managing own time and arranging work
- Verbal and written communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Performing general clerical functions such as, reception, filing, mailing, data entry
- Sit for long periods of time
- Maintain professional boundaries
- Work independently and collectively with colleagues and team members
- Maintain a tracking system to ensure follow up and timely resolution of tasks
- Accept responsibility for work product and outcomes
The preferred candidate will have DCS experience including customer service and service approval processes.
Requires the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.11). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintain valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration. Mileage may be reimbursed, if applicable. (Arizona Administrative Code Revised 1/29/2020)
Must be able to secure and maintain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from DCS Central Registry.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.