• Supervise Construction Science Technologies (CST) programs for Construction and related programs, Stagecraft programs and/or other programs as assigned at the secondary level
• Provide Technical Assistance to new CST teachers throughout each year
• In-state and out-of-state travel is required for this position.
• Monitor, assess, and evaluate assigned CTE programs based on Perkins V and Technical Education District (CTED) legislation
• Gather and analyze data for statistical CTE reports in programs
• Plan statistical, descriptive, and other reports regarding assigned programs
• Carry out across the board assignments for the AZ Department of Education and/or the CTE Unit including managing assigned programs
• Conduct program planning and development with business, industry, and the local education agencies in all assigned programs
• Visit Local Education Agencies (LEAs)/CTEDs and provide educators with technical assistance in the area of program development and improvement including teaching methods, standards-based curriculum development and utilization, program planning, facility management, equipment selection and certification
• Provide technical assistance and professional development regarding Technical Skills Assessment and program improvement based on data
• Organize the activities of statewide CST Advisory Boards
• Assist in organizing and implementing SkillsUSA chapters and Arizona Thespians activities with the SkillsUSA Specialist and AZ Thespians Director in all assigned programs at each program site
• Plan, organize, and participate in conference workshops, seminars, and tours and make in-depth visits to business and industry in order to update professional competence and provide program improvement
• Review, evaluate, design, and disseminate public relation materials and conduct public relation activities
• Plan for and assist LEA's in developing new CTE Programs
• Provide technical assistance via telephone, e-mail, etc.
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Methods & procedures in Construction Science Technologies (CST) programs in which technical assistant services are to be provided
• CTE Classroom management teaching techniques
• Principles and practices of public-school organization and administration for CTE and CTSO’s
• State and Federal Regulations on CTE and assigned programs
• Teacher certification requirements for area of specialization
• State Board Policies on CTE and General Ed
• Perkins V federal legislation
• Supervisory techniques, evaluation procedures for programs supervised
• Applicants must have taught or administered a secondary, post-secondary, or career guidance program in a Career and Technical Education (CTE)/Construction Science Technologies (CST) program or equivalent experience?
• Speaking, presenting, interviewing, and motivating
• Fiscal budgeting, accounting, and inventory
• Computing, evaluating, analyzing, and synthesizing data reports
• Organizing, prioritizing, and follow through to completion
• Decision making, and negotiation
• Creating, writing, and editing
• Proper written and verbal communications
• Intermediate skill in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and browsers, and cloud-based files
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships, organizing, and leading
• Plan, coordinate, analyze, and establish priorities
• Develop effective operating procedures
• Prioritize, organize, implement, and coordinate multiple projects and people simultaneously
• Supervision, counseling, team building, leadership, and decision making
• Establishing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships
• Working effectively internally and externally with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Hybrid schedule (combination of telework and in-office) may be available for some job roles
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.