The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Health Care Economist. Under the direction of the Fee for Service (FFS) Rates Manager, this position is responsible for the following: developing and managing assigned FFS schedules, including conducting fiscal impact analysis to the State or providers and implementing any changes; researching, analyzing, and implementing differential adjusted payment policies; assisting in drafting public notices and rule changes; assisting in the coordination of organ transplants.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Perform complex data analyses and fiscal impact analyses for proposed changes to reimbursement rates and methodologies; develop and present recommendations to management.
• Writing, researching, and analyzing alternative rate-setting methodologies, various administrative rules, policies, and requirements, both state and federal as they apply to fiscal responsibilities.
• Attend internal and external meetings serving as the agency's rate-setting expert to answer questions, provide recommendations and participate in problem solving and decision making.
• Financial reporting, auditing, and financial analysis
• Working use of mainframe systems, such as TSO and CICS environments
• AHCCCS and managed care service delivery systems, including the various types of services provided/required, service provider types and specialties incorporated into the AHCCCS programs along with the types of services provided.
• Application of data analysis skills to extract and report service utilization from claims and encounter service data and to sue utilization data to analyze fiscal impacts of rate payment scenarios
• Project management skills including the development of project objectives, task analysis and work plans
• Specify system service requirements, communicate, and work with information systems staff to create or revise data extracts, upload and download of data files, production and ad hoc reports, rate system updates and the ability to enhance and update the AHCCCS fee schedule web site
• Analyze, summarize, interpret, understand, and report data
Minimum qualifications: Three years of management analyst experience appropriate to the assignment; OR five years of experience appropriate to the assignment. A Bachelors or Master's degree in a field appropriate to the assignment will substitute for one or two years of the required experience respectively, but will not substitute for required management analysis experience.
Preferred qualifications: Five years of Medicaid managed health care programs prefer. Finance, business, economics, policy or data analysis degree; Five years of experience with Experience with Arizona marketplace or other Medicaid managed care environment.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.