This position will analyze the need for, develop, and maintain custom software for the Agency using state-of-the-art development tools. Maintain database and web servers using open-source tools and applications. Maintain a current understanding of PCI DSS requirements, as well as emerging information security topics at large.
• Arrange the PCI annual audit by working closely with the external PCI auditors, Treasury bank team, and state agency personnel.
• Work directly with agency personnel on existing or new implementations that are directly or indirectly involved with PCI DSS to ensure that standards are being met.
• Responsible for working with the IT staff on all facets of Treasury Agency's Financial Management Software and related systems.
• Maintain third party cloud based financial systems (Infor).
• Provides in-house training to Agency personnel.
• Participates in the establishment of guidelines and policies regarding the use of financial systems hardware and software.
• Provide general IT Helpdesk support for end users including basic network and Windows troubleshooting.
• Completes other duties as assigned as related to the position.
What you will bring to the job:
• A strong technical acumen as it relates to information security.
• An understanding or a wiliness to learn PCI DSS fundamentals and requirements.
• Knowledge of PHP, HTML/CSS, database management and Linux helpful.
• A general understanding of financial systems.
• Basic knowledge of cloud-based systems architecture and security.
• Willingness to embrace and adopt new IT related technologies that can help improve productivity and security in agency systems.
• Must be able to organize time effectively to accomplish the various tasks required of the position.
• Must interact effectively with personnel to determine their IT needs and to provide training.
• Must be able to quickly learn about new products and technologies and to accurately analyze how new developments might further enhance the Agencies capabilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
Candidates for this position will be required to submit fingerprints and subject to a criminal history investigation. A criminal history does not automatically disqualify you for this position.
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Sick leave
- Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State of Arizona employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
For more information on specific job duties, please call Matthew at 602-542-7862, or Treasury Human Resources at 602-542-7875.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.