At ADEQ our vision is to be the number one state in the nation in balanced, leading-edge environmental protection; through technical and operational excellence; and radical simplicity for customers and staff. We are currently looking for employees who are committed to our Agency, passionate to excel in their career and engaged in our mission. Only this caliber of employee will be successful in driving our Agency towards accomplishing our vision.
As the project manager, you will be responsible for the coordination of per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) sampling at all 1500+ public water systems in Arizona. Duties and responsibilities will include calling and emailing public water systems, scheduling sampling technicians and state vehicles, organizing the data, approving laboratory invoices, and ensuring project is completed by June 30, 2023. All work must be compliant with the Quality Assurance Project Plan.
• Gmail, Google Meets, Google Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
• LEAN management/ Arizona Management System (results-driven management system focusing on customer service, transparency and accountability and continuous improvement)
• Knowledge of Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and state regulations
• Knowledge of per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)
Skills and Abilities:
• Self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks without direct supervision.
• Problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks.
• Ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate reports and to summarize completed tasks.
Ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Environmental Science/Management, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental/Civil Engineering, Hydrology, Geology, Sustainability, or Business Management
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Benefits
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.