The Arizona Lottery is seeking a Promotions Team Supervisor who will be responsible for developing positive and professional business relationships in order to maximize sales during promotional events and ticket van stops.
In this role, you will:
• Supervise a team of Promotions Associates to ensure customer service excellence and accurate representation of the lottery;
• Ensure the promotion van has a steady flow of events to attend, old and new;
• Act as a representative of the Lottery while working at various locations around the state;
• Sell and redeem tickets, answer questions, provide material, explain processes and games, and maintain excellent customer service;
• Demonstrate responsible driving habits while driving a state vehicle;
• Regularly implement lottery promotions to increase awareness of lottery products, achieve sales goals, and create and improve customer relationships;
• Develop and maintain productive and positive relationships with internal and external customers, which includes event coordinators;
• Compile daily reconciliation, prepare bank deposits, and monitor ticket inventory.
• Prepare sales reports to analyze the effectiveness of promotions and present to management in a timely manner.
• Ensure the ticket van is stocked and well-kept in between travel.
• Coordinates with management to ensure van schedule does not disrupt marketing scheduled events.
• Utilize various sales techniques, problem-solving skills, and quick thinking to make positive choices in order to maximize revenues.
All Arizona Lottery employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), which is an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
• Knowledge of lottery games and products.
• Knowledge of State and Lottery laws, rules and regulations, and agency policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of customer service concepts and sales techniques.
• Experience with basic financial reporting and reconciliation.
• Knowledge of basic math computation practices.
• Knowledge of cash handling practices.
• Knowledge of Google Suites.
• Strong communication skills with co-workers and customers.
• Skill in basic problem solving
• Skill in monitoring and reaching sales goals
• Skilled in various sales techniques
• Skill to perform routine maintenance on lottery equipment and terminals.
• Skill to persuade, negotiate with, and motivate others to purchase or sell lottery products.
• Skills in accurate record-keeping and money handling.
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently.
• Ability to work in a close team environment.
• Ability to make quick decisions in the best interest of the Lottery
• Ability to maintain knowledge of new products and processes.
• Ability to be flexible in a changing environment.
• Ability to represent the lottery in a professional, courteous, respectful, and ethical manner.
• Ability to lift 25lbs using proper lifting techniques.
• Ability to independently complete ongoing routine assignments accurately and meet deadlines.
Work experience in a high-volume customer service environment. Experienced sales background.
• Candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal and financial history investigation.
• Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
The Arizona Lottery offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.