Position is responsible for the review and analysis of individual Affidavits of Property Value and the quality control of monthly electronic files of property sales data from the County Assessors’ Offices. Works with personnel in the County Assessors’ Offices to resolve discrepancies in reviewing and validating sales data provided to the Department. This position is also responsible for data entry and answering telephone calls from taxpayers to provide assistance with the proper exemption codes used in conjunction with recording property ownership transfer documents and Affidavits of Property Value.
The position is responsible for maintaining Market Area/Subarea data and updates. Assists in creating and editing reports for the following CIS projects: the Abstract of the Assessment Roll, Additional State Aid to Education, and Sales Ratio/Equalization. This position will assist in the development of a structured approach to identifying and eliminating non value added process steps division wide and make recommendations to integrate lean methods into the overall continuous improvement strategy of the division. This position will also be responsible for directing, leading and managing in the development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of Lean Principles and Projects for the division.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Quality control of the Sales Affidavit Process. Includes monthly assistance with the process, ensuring data is loaded and processed correctly and that all linked tables are updated quarterly.
• Assist the CIS Team on the following projects that includes all aspects of the projects: Abstract, Additional State Aid to Education and Equalization.
• Perform Market/Subarea audit to include updating name file, create and update the yearly nuname file and audit for parcels that have no market and/or subarea.
• Real estate research techniques including internet research and sources of information for real estate transactions.
• Real estate appraisal theory, practice and procedures; including ad valorem appraisal principles and practice.
• Math principles.
• Data processing principles and data entry methods.
• District guidelines and procedures for screening and processing Affidavits of Property Value.
• Appraisal and assessment terminology.
• Validation codes used in processing Affidavits of Property Value.
• Techniques using a personal computer.
• Software knowledge to include Microsoft Office, CCIS and SPSS.
• Fundamental techniques to research and gather data.
• Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• General knowledge of records management and operation of general office equipment.
• Gather property data and conduct research to provide comprehensive conclusions.
• Problem solve issues that arise from within the district or from the county.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Department of Revenue Property Appraisal Level 2 Certification.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and SPSS.
Property Appraiser 1 Certification.
Candidates for this position will be required to submit Tax Filing Records, Employment Verification Check and Fingerprints that will be used to check criminal history records from the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
The State of Arizona provides a world class comprehensive benefits package including:
• Holidays – 10 paid per year. Sick Leave – 12 days per year. No accrual or carryover limits.
• A robust and affordable insurance plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability options.
• Up to $5,250 for tuition reimbursement available to seek further career advancement or certification in Continuing Professional Education.
• Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as the Infant at Work Program, Alternate Work Schedule and Telework opportunity.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
A top ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-716-6950.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.