The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking to hire a detail-oriented individual who will be responsible for the planning and directing of a complex agency purchasing program within the Arizona Correctional Industries (ACI).
- Coordinates purchasing functions of ACI such as a request for purchase and notifications of purchase/contracts
- Administers contracts, and verbal and written bids in accordance with State Procurement Rules and Regulations
- Manages work activities of purchasing staff and inmates to comply with Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS), ADCRR policies, and purchasing rules and regulations
- Coordinates building maintenance and works with the Business Operations Administrator and Labor Operations Administrator on special projects
- Maintains vendor relations to keep abreast of commodities markets and services to keep up the competitive pace
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- State purchasing practices and procedures
- State laws and regulations governing the purchase of goods and services
- Marketing practices
- Accounting and business law
- Administration and Supervision
- Writing complex contacts
- Facilities management
- Purchase of materials and supplies of a manufacturing operation and administration of risk management
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) laws
- Interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures
- Supervising personnel
- Having the capability to deal with diverse technical purchasing problems
- Prioritizing and Accuracy
- Maintaining a facility
- Negotiating, planning, coordinating, analyzing, and establishing priorities
- Hands-on experience in supervising and purchasing in a manufacturing industry
- Written and verbal communication
- Deal with diverse technical purchasing problems
- Understand federal and state laws and rules
- Regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to procurement
- Understand procurement practices and procedures
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Negotiate, plan, coordinate, analyze, and establish priorities
- Work in a correctional environment with inmates
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or courses in Business Administration, Business Law, Accounting or Marketing
- On job training in the purchasing field
- Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), and/or Certified Property Manager (CPM) certifications
- Six (6) to ten (10) years of on the job supervision experience or 40 plus hours of training courses in supervision or five (5) to ten (10) years’ work experience in a manufacturing company
- Training in State of Arizona Risk Management procedures
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and a drug test.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.