3003 N. Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012
*This position may offer the ability to work remotely, within Arizona, based upon the department's business needs and the continual meeting of expected performance measures.*
Closing Date: This job announcement will remain open until the position has been filled.
As the Quality Assurance Analyst for DCS you’ll be responsible for fully testing DCS's existing and new software applications to ensure consistent delivery of quality, stable, and scalable product solutions. In this role, you’ll work closely with the rest of the Agile product team to develop and execute test suites and scenarios that exercise software features and functionality throughout the development life cycle. You’ll adhere to software quality assurance best practices as you perform functional, regression, and performance testing to flush out any defects before product delivery. To be successful in this role, you must be customer-focused and maintain high standards to ensure the team is meeting expectations for high-quality products.
- Participates in creating test plans, data, procedures, and manual and/or automated test scripts
- Participates as an observer in formal reviews of business requirements and application designs
- Provides input to test coverage based on requirements and design specifications
- Writes & reproduces accurate software problem reports
- Creates test data for multiple or complex projects
- Executes manual and/or automated test scripts for multiple or complex projects; Performs testing for multiple or complex projects & retests as necessary; Reviews and reports complex test results
- General working knowledge of quality assurance and testing tools and processes
- General working knowledge of software development processes including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- General working knowledge of business applications
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proficient quality assurance skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.-
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 – 5 years experience in quality assurance testing and analysis (or equivalent experience)
Azure, O365, Microsoft Dynamics, OnBase, InRule, DocuSign QNXT, or hosted application experience is a plus
Requires the possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Must be able to secure and maintain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.