- The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst position delivers high-quality software through the execution of quality assurance (QA) processes and procedures. This position contributes to the Bureau of Vital Records (BVR) by supporting systems for birth and death certificate issuance to deliver applications and features that meet evolving business requirements. This position works alongside the BVR Maintenance and Operations team that follows agile as well as traditional software development life cycles.
- The BVR Maintenance and Operations core team consist of state and vendor project managers, quality analysts, developers, and system administrators. In this team setup, the primary functions of this position include testing services like functional, unit, manual, automated, load, performance, integration, deployment, security, regression, smoke, user acceptance, and ad-hoc testing.
- This position will define test plans and test coverage; maintain test data; execute manual and automated tests; and set up test environments from scratch, which is a critical part of the code review and release process. The Quality Assurance position participates in back-end testing of the databases. Responsibilities also include organizing test scripts using software programs such as Visual Studio Test Professional.
- Lead the testing cycle from planning to delivery by creating and managing QA domain and processes to enhance the SDLC, influence the behavior for all QA matters in the team, specifically around Test-Driven Development (TDD), to ensure in-depth functional testing.
- Represent the testing team by working closely with product owners and developers on creating QA plans; coordinating releases activities; troubleshooting and resolving issues; discussing test results; service restoration; and root cause resolution meetings. Communicate any obstacles to raise awareness and avoid project impediments and overall project timeline disruption.
- Perform hands-on testing, non-functional testing, functional testing, unit testing, process testing, manual testing, automated testing, load testing, end-to-end testing, acceptance testing, regression testing, acceptance testing, deployment testing, ad-hoc testing, and security testing of applications. This includes the creation, configuring, and setting up of data to perform testing.
- Review, understand, research, analyze, and proofread the business requirements and technical designs related to defining testing requirements in order to create extensive, detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans which includes maintaining and automating test cases, test data, test scripts, test results, and test reports.
- Proactively drive quality improvement and ensure functional understanding by the QA team members to continuously improve test cases and to better prioritize the various testing activities.
- Gain extensive knowledge of the platform to understand its functionality, system components, and process workflows.
-Quality assurance testing tools and processes (manual and automation).
-Software development processes include analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution, and planning.
-Testing multiple platforms, browsers, and mobile devices.
- Performance Management (PM), Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), and Lean methodologies.
-Advanced quality assurance skills.
-Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
-Strong customer service skills.
-Excellent interpersonal, articulation, client-facing, written, and oral communication skills.
-A high degree of skill in troubleshooting, characterizing, and describing software defects.
-Create a document with repeatable test cases.
-Develop and write technically.
-Execute prescribed testing using established procedures and tools.
-Interpret and analyze test results.
-Test User Interface & User Experience.
-Handle scripting across different technologies.
-Use or maintain testing frameworks, test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- Support a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of public employment, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination.
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Business, Math, Science, or Engineering field, plus 5 - 10 years of experience in quality assurance testing, analysis, manual/functional/automation testing high performing web-based business-focused applications and systems (or equivalent experience)
- Must possess a valid level one fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to A.R.S.41-1758.07 or must apply for a level one fingerprint clearance card within seven working days after beginning employment. You will be required to pay an $8.25 fee for fingerprint screening. If hired, you will be able to request reimbursement of the $8.25.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
− Affordable medical and dental insurance plans
− Paid vacation and sick time
− 10 paid holidays per year
− Wellness program and plans
− Life insurance
− Short/long-term disability insurance
− Defined retirement plan
− Award-winning Infant at Work program
− Credit union membership
− Transit subsidy
− ADHS Student Assistance Pilot Program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
- To help you build a financially secure future, the State makes monthly contributions to finance your retirement benefit. The State will make a contribution to the ASRS in an amount equal to your contribution. In other words, you and the State will each pay 50% of the total cost of the benefit. New State employees have a 27 week wait period for contributions to begin.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 542-1085. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.