This position is responsible for managing quality assurance for system development, maintenance, and support in a DevSecOps model for all MIS solutions for the agency. This includes assisting Project Managers with User Acceptance planning and execution; resource allocation; project planning and defect reviews/reporting; help manage the change control process; and help develop and maintain test environments.
This position will mentor and coach quality assurance analysts and testers to ensure their skill sets are continually strengthened and maintained. Responsible for performing skill analysis assessments on staff to identify weaknesses, strengths, and gaps in their abilities. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Creates and promotes a productive work environment, ensuring that necessary skills and competencies are in place to meet the goals of the unit.
Responsible for ensuring completeness and accuracy of traceability matrix for test scripts, and test work products. Will ensure that the quality assurance analysts are following the agency’s SDLC processes and procedures, which also includes working with the DevSecOps teams on calculating levels of effort for projects.
Work with ITS management to identify tools, equipment, techniques, and best practices. Responsible for ensuring these items are in use and up-to-date while monitoring the industry for new resources to improve existing items. Champion a cohesive and consistent approach to improvement in the organization.
- Manages professional employees and/or supervises medium to large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s) to successfully complete work assignments. Includes: assign work, monitor work progress, resolve or escalate issues, administrative duties, staff performance management and provide development guidance.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive policies, procedures, and methodology for system test planning, development and execution. Create library of best practices that can be used for new and existing QA personnel and help develop and maintain test environments.
- Create project work plans, track project time-lines, identify and resolve issues and risks, communicate status to the key stakeholders; work with established structures/ forums when part of the release effort. Provide testing effort estimates and identify resources for those efforts.
- Organize and participate in team project meetings, including project status, planning, and test conditions reviews; manage and provide system test status on application support and releases.
- Develop and maintain a blueprint of the overall test environment (Unit, System and UAT). Includes applications, tools, utilities, databases, configuration management, file transfer, etc. Define and maintain metrics or KPls for the Quality Assurance area.
- Broad and generally deep understanding of all facets of management and leadership, as well as a vision for the specific business program/function being managed.
- Thorough working knowledge of most infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise.
- Thorough working knowledge of the organization’s methodologies and tools.
- Thorough working knowledge of the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Thorough working knowledge of interrelationships among various internal and external organizational functions.
- Excellent knowledge of the defect life cycle; leading enterprise level end-to-end system or product integration test through each phase of the SDLC across multiple business areas.
- Experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment.
- Considerable knowledge in module based, data driven, keyword driven, hybrid, and behavior driven automated testing frameworks with associated tool sets such as Microsoft Azure DevOps, Selenium, and Visual Studio.
- Performance Management (PM), and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Lean methodologies.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
- Expert system administration and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage medium to large teams.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and anticipate needs and priorities of both internal and external customers.
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with customers and staff at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and write technical documentation.
- Support a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of public employment, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination.
Bachelor’s degree plus 5 or more years of related experience in related discipline (or equivalent experience). Experience with automated testing frameworks with associated tool sets such as Microsoft Azure DevOps, Selenium, and Visual Studio.
Employees who drive on state business require possession of and the ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.11).
Must possess a valid level one fingerprint clearance card issues pursuant to A.R.S. §36-113.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
− Affordable medical and dental insurance plans
− Paid vacation and sick time
− 10 paid holidays per year
− Wellness program and plans
− Life insurance
− Short/long-term disability insurance
− Defined retirement plan
− Award winning Infant at Work program
− Credit union membership
− Transit subsidy
− ADHS Student Assistance Pilot Program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
To help you build a financially secure future, the State makes monthly contributions to finance your retirement benefit. The State will make a contribution to the ASRS in an amount equal to your contribution. In other words, you and the State will each pay 50% of the total cost of the benefit. New State employees have a 27 week wait period for contributions to begin.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 542-1085. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.