This Radiologist Pool position is responsible for providing high quality radiology services to patients and residents of the Arizona State Hospital. The incumbent will read and evaluate x-ray images and document their findings in the electronic medical record - this work may be performed on site at the Arizona State Hospital or remotely pursuant to an executed tele-work agreement. STAT orders shall be completed within one (1) hour provided they are initiated within standard operating hours of the Specialty Clinic (M-F 8-5p), routine orders shall be completed within twenty-four (24) hours. Average work volume should be equal to eight (8) x-ray image reads per hour on average.
– Conduct radiological reads of patient/resident x-ray images, evaluate images
– Completes required clinical documentation in the electronic medical record
– Participates in the clinical peer-review process as required to maintain credentials and improve performance of hospital staff
− Requires an MD or DO from an accredited school of medicine - residency in radiology
− Must possess a medical license to practice in the state of Arizona
− Knowledge of Standard practices of radiology and x-ray evaluation services
− Skills reading and evaluating x-ray images. excellent verbal and written communication
− Ability to articulate findings in the medical record to ensure clinical team can address patient needs based on radiology findings
− Supporting a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of ADHS, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination
– The ideal candidate will have experience working in large volume hospital systems, in person or remotely, and accustomed to completing radiology reads within limited turnaround times due to the severity and critical nature of the patient's medical situation
– Preference will be given to candidates with prior Public Health experience
- A State Hospital employee must be able to obtain a valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card pursuant to A.R.S. § 41-1758.07.
- Driving is required for State Business.
- Employees who drive on state business require possession of and the ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 542-1085. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.