The Arizona State Land Department manages more than 10,000 leases, permits, rights of ways, sales and other contracts relating to the management use and disposition of 9.2 million acres of State Trust lands. State Trust lands are lands granted to the State of Arizona pursuant to the federal Enabling Act. The Trust lands are held in Trust for the common public schools and 13 other public institutions. Any use or disposition of Trust lands must benefit the Trust's beneficiaries.
Under the direction and guidance of the Administration Division Project Manager, the Receptionist is responsible for greeting and directing visitors, coordinating and organizing file scanning, entering data into various systems, administering the agency's requests for: vehicle fleet, maintenance and office supplies, and other projects as assigned. The Agency Receptionist provides internal and external customers with the highest level of customer service.
- Responsible for coordinating the activity of the agency's main-entry reception area of the agency. Greets, assists, and directs visitors.
- Coordinates with administrative assistants assigned to agency subject matter sections to maintain a daily visitor meeting calendar, and to administer scheduled appointments.
- Coordinates the document scanning workflow between agency sections and the Public Records' centralized scanning operation. This includes facilitating the transfer of files between the agency sections and organizing and preparing the sections' documents intended for scanning.
- Serves as the Vehicle Fleet coordinator for the agency. This includes serving as the agency's point of contact for ADOT Fleet Svcs; administering the pool vehicle requests and coordinating the scheduled vehicle maintenance notifications with the agency vehicle operators.
- Coordinates and administers the ordering of office supplies for the agency; including monitoring and replenishing the agency office supply room.
- Provides transactional (administrative) backup support to the Finance section for the administration of accounts receivable and the Title & Contracts section for customer contact and address changes.
- Applies the principles, theories, and concepts of the Arizona Management System; actively participating in daily group huddles and huddle board updates; continually identifying areas for process and quality improvement; adhering to established standard work and procedures.
• Advanced knowledge interacting and providing information to internal and external customers;
• Knowledge in meeting and conference coordination / support functions;
• Advanced knowledge in telephone etiquette appropriate in a business setting.
• Strong, professional customer service skills;
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
• Skills in the handling of sensitive matters requiring discretion and judgement;
• Proficiency in written communications skills;
• Intermediate proficiency in the use of computers, including the use of Word, Excel and Google;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Strong interpersonal skills, enabling consistently positive interactions with customers, contractors, vendors, and employees;
• Basic bookkeeping techniques
• Learn quickly the functions, divisions and sections within the agency;
• Handle detailed work accurately and in a timely manner;
• Adapt to changing assignments and priorities;
• Respond to inquiries with tact, diplomacy, and appropriate timely information
• Work as a team player within several divisions;
• Multi-task - Organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks on a daily basis;
• Establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with staff and the public;
• Follow verbal and written instructions and complete assigned tasks accurately;
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• A minimum of 3-5 years Front Desk Receptionist experience
• A minimum of 3-5 years of Customer service experience
• Experience with Salesforce or any similar CRM software or database a plus
• Prior or after interviewing, candidates may be subject to a pre-employment skills assessment.
• Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete required driver training. (refer to Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
• Participation is a mandatory condition of employment for all employees who meet the eligibility and membership criteria as defined in statute.
• Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
• The current contribution rate is 12.41%
If you have trouble applying for this position, please email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov for assistance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting AZSLD Human Resources at 602-542-2629. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an
AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.