Would you like to leverage your expertise in recruiting to creatively craft hiring strategies to attract qualified talent? Do you enjoy engaging with candidates and helping them through the hiring process? Then we may be looking for you! As our recruiter, you will engage with hiring managers to understand their unique needs, attend hiring events to promote Office benefits and our meaningful work, and be the first point of contact with our potential new hires.
Arizona Auditor General. As a recruiter, you will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the Office. The Recruiter will identify, recruit, and screen potential employees for specific positions within the Office.
This position interacts with the other divisions for training needs, scheduling, and administration.
We are looking for:
• Someone who enjoys speaking with candidates daily to learn more about their skills and to make a preliminary determination of the candidate’s qualifications.
• An experienced recruiter who can confidently make conversation with event participants and effectively explain Office divisions and their work.
• A creative thinker who can develop strategies for recruitment and be flexible to the Office’s current needs.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, employees currently work a hybrid in-person/telecommuting schedule. This schedule is subject to change. Additionally, the Office has implemented safety guidelines and protocols to help ensure everyone's safety.
• Collaborate with Administrative Manager, human resources specialist, and divisional contacts on a regular basis to:
• Identify current and future hiring needs.
• Assist in composing and posting job announcements on external job boards.
• Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience, and aptitudes, and make appropriate recommendations to divisional contacts.
• Follow up with candidates and divisional contacts to ensure updated information on the interview process status.
• Schedule and coordinate all applicant interviews and prepare and send regrets notices as needed.
• Use the Office’s recruiting dashboard to manage and organize candidate information and activity throughout the recruiting process.
• Coordinate, organize, and attend recruiting events and job fairs, including:
• Gathering displays and materials for division event recruiters.
• Promoting Office’s reputation and making a positive difference for Arizona government.
• Maintaining recruiting calendar for Officewide career events.
• Coordinating with divisional contacts to attend events, when needed.
• Create posts and monitors activities on Office social media sites, such as LinkedIn.
• Identify new opportunities to improve the recruiting and hiring process.
• Identifies additional opportunities to source candidates/applicants.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and Office policies
• Assist in supporting internal and professional training for new hires and Office staff.
• Support development and maintenance of Office’s training catalog.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent (required).
• Two years of experience as a full-time recruiter (required).
• Associate/bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, business management, or related field (preferred).
• PHR or SHRM-CP certification (preferred).
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with Office professionals and external individuals including prospective applicants, candidates, university professors, and career event personnel.
• Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
• Ability to effectively communicate via phone, video, chat, email, and in person.
• Strong organization skills with ability to properly prioritize workload and successfully manage competing, priorities and deadlines,
• Ability to work independently and methodically, be proactive and take initiative, and meet deadlines.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work.
• Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
• Ability to work under pressure, solving problems as they arise and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to produce high-quality, accurate work in an efficient and timely manner.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
The Arizona Auditor General offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Generous paid vacation and sick leave with 10 paid holidays per year.
• Medical insurance, with the employer covering 88% of the premium cost.
• Retirement plan with 100% employer match of the 12.22% employee contribution and additional deferred compensation options.
• Business casual dress.
• Flexible Monday through Friday work schedules, including customizable work hours and telecommuting options.
• Continuing education provided and paid for by the employer.
• Tuition assistance program for those who qualify.
• Dental and vision insurance.
• Long-term disability insurance and optional short-term disability insurance.
• $15,000 life insurance policy and options to purchase additional coverage and supplemental coverage for dependents.
• Optional flexible spending accounts.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Arizona State Retirement System
If you have any questions, please contact Beth Entringer at 602-553-9854 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.