The Release Manager’s role is to oversee and manage the packaging and delivery of software releases to production environments. This includes the monitoring of release progress through the entire pipeline, assuring quality standards are consistently met at each stage gate and coordinating releases and teams at the portfolio, program, and team levels. The Release Manager will also oversee the adherence to deployment windows and release processes by software delivery teams, facilitate the appropriate communication channels among software delivery roles and with stakeholders, and continuously improve release management practices.
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to ensure smooth and reliable delivery of software and systems to fulfill business objectives, support business processes, and ensure business continuity. Negotiate, plan, and manage all release activities.
- Build the IT Release Calendar and work closely with other roles within IT/Development from different portfolios across IT and the organization, and create a common centralized view of all releases. Proactively plan the release windows across projects and portfolios. Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across all application needs.
- Lead the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools that may be required. Assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and that the integrity of the release can be measured. Assist the Program/Project Manager and the development team members in planning each release.
- Ensure that a detailed deployment plan has been documented along with a back-out plan in the event anything goes wrong during deployment.
- Conduct release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go reviews. Lead and co-ordinate the go-live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Validate that the product has been correctly packaged before deployment and ensure that all release controls have been satisfied.
- Ensure that the organization's release controls are documented and well understood by development teams and support teams.
- Measuring and monitoring progress to ensure application releases are delivered according to plans and expectations.
- Work with development staff to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Release the pre-planned communications about the product to all stakeholders.
- Provides oversight, guidance and support to ensure familiarity with the established guidelines, standards, policies and procedures.
- Reviews configuration change proposals for compliance to established guidelines, standards, policies and procedures.
- Develops, publishes and maintains statistical management and custom reports.
- Requires strong knowledge and experience with multiple infrastructure solutions.
- Strong understanding of cloud technology concepts and trends.
- Thorough working knowledge of release management frameworks and the use of release management tools utilized in the enterprise
- Strong understanding of information system configuration management.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Expert troubleshooting skills.
- Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
- Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
- Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Develop and write technical documentation.-• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies.
- Develop cloud operations reports.
- Apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 or more years of extensive experience in programming, analysis, release management (or equivalent experience)
- ITIL v3 Release Control and Validation (RCV) Certification or higher is a plus.
The ability to secure and maintain a Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card; and the ability to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
In-state travel is sometimes required. Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
BA/BS in Computer Science or related experience.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.