The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking a Librarian with a great attitude. This position is responsible for managing and supporting the daily operations of the Resource Center within a prison complex.
- Provides and facilitates mandated legal and paralegal access services to the inmate population in a timely manner
- Oversees daily operations of cataloging and circulation of resource materials
- Trains and oversees inmate workers
- Assists in ordering Resource Center materials
- Reviews current and newly acquired materials to ensure compliance with established standards
- Develops and promotes the Resource Center in supporting the agency's goals
- Attends meetings or training
- Develops reports and memos
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Library laws, rules, and regulations
- Modern and professional library principles, practices, and tools
- Library original and copy cataloging standards
- Computer usage and various software programs including Microsoft Office , Google suite, Adobe, basic html, and library automation
- Operation of basic office equipment
- Inmate management and supervision
- Verbal and written communication
- Organizational and time management
- Conflict resolution and decision making
- Motivation and leadership techniques
- Customer service
- Work in a prison environment
- Apply library principles, concepts, methodologies, and management techniques professionally in a correctional Resource Center
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships
- Maintain the Resource Center in a neat, secure and orderly fashion
- Learn and adhere to department policies and procedures
- Perform tasks in a timely manner
- Associates degree or higher in a related field
- State service and experience providing assistance to customers
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and drug test.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.