Address: 2910 N. 44th St., Ste. 410
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Salary: $50,000 - $56,800
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE. You will be able to upload your resume, unofficial transcripts, and cover letter explaining how your skills are a good fit for the position.
Your team will help you conduct performance audits of school districts and special studies related to educational finance and operations. Our audits provide the Legislature and the citizens of Arizona with information on the use of public monies and identify best practices or make recommendations to the school districts to improve operations. Through research, interviews, and analysis, you will gather information, help identify areas of inquiry, and perform audit procedures to obtain evidence that will help you prepare well-documented working papers and formulate findings and appropriate recommendations in compliance with government auditing standards. In addition, you will draft written audit findings and verbally communicate work results to team members and school district staff.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, employees currently work a hybrid in-person/telecommuting schedule. This schedule is subject to change. Additionally, the Office has implemented safety guidelines and protocols for our team members to follow to help ensure their and agency personnel’s safety.
• Researching standards, best practices, laws and regulations, and other applicable resources.
• Gaining an overall understanding of the auditee.
• Evaluating auditees’ internal controls conducting interviews with auditee staff.
• Determining auditees’ compliance with laws, regulations, and other applicable standards.
• Preparing audit documentation that supports audit results
• Drafting and editing audit findings to adhere to the standards and the Office’s writing style.
• Accepting and responding to supervisor feedback in a positive and timely manner.
Depending on your experience, you could be hired as either a:
School District Performance Auditor I:
$50,000 (Bachelor's degree)
$53,000 (Master's degree, CPA certification, or 150 qualifying credit hours in accordance with the Arizona Board of Accountancy)
School District Performance Auditor II:
$53,800 (Bachelor's degree)
$56,800 (Master's degree, CPA certification, or 150 qualifying credit hours in accordance with the Arizona Board of Accountancy)
• Strong research abilities and verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to synthesize audit evidence to reach conclusions.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with coworkers and school district staff professionally and ethically.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Working knowledge of Windows, spreadsheets, and database software.
• Willingness to travel out of town during the week approximately 5 to 10 percent of the time.
The ideal applicant will have one of the following:
• A bachelor's or master’s degree in a field emphasizing analytical skills, research, and data organization, such as Accounting, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, or Public Policy, and a minimum 3.0 GPA in your major or field or study.
• A degree in another field and at least 1 year of experience in performance auditing, program evaluation, financial auditing, or related experience.
Please apply on our website. You will be able to upload your resume, unofficial transcripts, and cover letter explaining how your skills are a good fit for the position.
The Arizona Auditor General offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays per year, and paid sick leave.
• Health, dental, and vision insurance.
• Retirement plan with 100% employer match.
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
• Optional short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance.
• Flexible work schedules, including telecommuting options.
• Business casual dress code.
• Continuing education and path to advancement.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Arizona State Retirement System
If you have any questions, please contact Beth Entringer at 602-553-9854 or email@example.com for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.