This position provides armed security services to Papago Park Military Reservation (PPMR) to protect against threats
that would justify use of force, to include deadly force. Conducts physical security activities associated with installation
access control and critical asset protection. Provides other physical security equipment and services necessary to secure
ARNG resources, and personnel as approved by Army Operations Division Protection branch (ARNG-ODP).
• Control entry to and egress from the installation/facility via designated access control points (ACP) at the outer most perimeter of the boundary or cantonment area. Access control includes random inspections of privately owned vehicles, commercial vehicles, deliveries, and personnel entering DoD owned or controlled installations and facilities, including items in the vehicles and items that are carried by personnel. Inspect all types of commercial deliveries to include their drivers and occupants, entering DOD owned or controlled installations or facilities. Ensures all inspections are in accordance with Army regulations and instructions as applicable within State/Territory laws and statutes.
• Provide armed installation security to ensure security of Mission Essential Vulnerable Areas (MEVAs). Initiate and/or assist in the detention and/or apprehension of trespassers or persons identified as a risk to the agency (DEMA) and/or public persons within the immediate area of the installation and/or facility and detain if necessary. Answer and respond to dispatch calls from authorized authorities. Provide information to civic/public and/or government identified visitors and direct traffic management through designated traffic plans and/or parking areas consistent with force protection measures as prescribed by regulation and/or installation policies.
• Security checks of installation/facility perimeters, and sensitive or critical areas to counter criminal, terrorist, and hostile threats. Monitor Electronic Security Systems (ESS) and devices, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) associated with installation access control and critical asset protection. Operate and maintain emergency response equipment: such as Patrol vehicles, Fire extinguishers, AEDs, Generator Light sets, Traffic cones, Barricades, Radios, First Aid equipment, etc.
• Support installations tenant units during all major incidents as directed. Provide security guard services to AZ ARNG, Joint Force Headquarters and Flight line operations at the Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF #1). Conduct visitor control operations including screening and vetting of personnel in accordance with Army regulations and instructions as applicable within State/Territory laws and statutes. Conduct physical security inspections and surveys, risk analysis, and assist the State/Territory Command Physical Security Officer.
• Serve as first responder to an incident on the installation to preserve life, limb and eyesight and act IAW National Incident Management system to emergency response. Provide emergency escorts and access to external emergency responders. Assist in the direction to evacuate the installation personnel and secure installation infrastructure during a natural disaster, terrorist incident, industrial accident, or any other emergency event requiring evacuation of personnel.
• Function as dispatch officer for on post emergency services.
• General Access Control Point operating procedures, patrol operations and emergency response.
• Search & seizure, arrest, use of force procedures.
• Functional knowledge of personal computer operations in a network environment.
• Electronic devices (i.e., radio and communications, computers, monitors, recording, and photography) and other security equipment.
• Standardized federal laws, regulations, methods, procedures, operating techniques, state, and local laws to perform tasks including, but not limited to, pursuing and apprehending persons fleeing a crime scene; performing dispatcher duties involving passing of directions and information to officers on posting assignments; seeking, detecting, and protecting evidence and witnesses at the scene of an incident; and detaining witnesses and suspects.
• A wide variety of security, fire, and environmental alarm systems and the action appropriate in the event of their activation.
• Firearms and tactics utilized in emergency situations.
• Other duties as assigned by a supervisor within your chain of command.
• Effective and professional interact with installation personnel and civilians, in-person and telephonic.
• Thorough understanding of the English language and the ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
• Safety with advance operations of weapons.
• Safety in the operation of security vehicles.
• Performance of all job duties and responsibilities in a safe and effective manner - mitigating risk to oneself and others.
• Reading and comprehending complex written documents, policies, and interpreting how those policies should be applied locally.
• Maintaining confidence and composure in high stress situations.
• Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
• Limited Application of law enforcement duties to include but not limited to report writing, detainment, appropriate use of force, sound judgment and decisiveness.
• Apply various levels of force in compliance with policy, regulations, or procedure.
• Assume duties and responsibilities in the absence or incapacitation of the Team Leader SOII.
• Demonstrate the ability to physically perform assigned duties.
• Carry and operate a firearm and/or additional weapons (lethal and nonlethal) and demonstrate a high level of proficiency, competence, and safety.
• Safely operate vehicles and state issued equipment.
• Render first aid.
• Maintain confidence and composure in high stress situations.
• Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
• Monitor and respond to security equipment, including but not limited to, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and Intrusion Detection System (IDS), phone and radios.
• Maintain good civil order of visitors and residents and guard against trespassers and prevent damage to property.
• Maintain a working knowledge of Department of Emergency Management directives, operating procedures, and orders in relation to security.
• Provide Security Enforcement at special events.
• Work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Desired qualifications include any combination of experience, education and training that meets the knowledge, skills, and abilities described. The preferred candidate for this position possesses an Arizona (DPS) Guard Card, has experience working within the Military Police or former law enforcement, and has certification in Physical Security Courses and Anti-terrorism Courses.
Special Job Requirements:
• This position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
• In State travel required.
• Candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background investigation as well as possess the ability to achieve a favorable Tier 3 investigation for purpose of obtaining/maintaining a Secret clearance eligibility and Common Access Card (CAC).
• Must be able to qualify on all assigned and issued weapons to include lethal and less than lethal.
• Ability to obtain/maintain an AZ Armed and Unarmed Security Guard training certification within 6 months of hire.
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible DEMA employees participate in excellent retirement programs provided by the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and for fire personnel the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEMA is a smoke-free work environment.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Employer
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.