• Act as a liaison between Information Technology Services and business units in support of projects and the department's strategic goals. Champion solutions through education and change leadership.
• Develop requirements gathering plans, elicit project requirements by collaborating with customers and other stakeholders, ensure requirements are aligned to the approved project charter, schedule and facilitate meetings, employ best practices, and utilize a variety of tools and techniques to accomplish project goals.
• Create project documents including detailed projects requirements statements, context diagrams, status reports, change requests and others as outlined by the project management lifecycle process or requested by stakeholders. Manage document versions appropriately and ensure standardized document templates are completed when applicable.
• Ensure requirements traceability is maintained during the development and testing processes by validating that work meets all requirements and communicating effectively with developers, quality assurance analysts, project managers, business customers, and other stakeholders to clarify requirements and resolve conflicts.
• Support the business testing process by documenting and analyzing business feedback and coordinating necessary changes and/or updates. Additionally, provide support and validation during implementations
• Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
• Project Management, Information Systems, Business Processes, Tax Procedures, Lean Six Sigma.
• Considerable working knowledge of methodologies and techniques for systems analysis and design, business processing modeling, requirements gathering, quality assurance, and software development.
• General knowledge of policies, procedures, programs, and business goals.
• Proficiency with Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK).
• Negotiation, Elicitation, Analysis, Excellent verbal and written communication, Meeting Facilitation.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, consolidate details and extract to functional requirements.
• Leadership, collaboration, adaption, evaluation of performance and processes for continual improvement, customer-oriented attitude.
• Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
• Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
• Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
• Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
• Effectively translate user requirements into business, functional and test scenarios for projects of various sizes and complexity.
• Learn and apply LEAN concepts, principles, and tools used to create and deliver perspectives with the fewest resources with continuous problem-solving.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Bachelor's degree and/or 10 years of experience in business analysis (or equivalent experience) PMI Certification in Business Analysis or Project Management.
• Experience with Continuous Improvement or LEAN is preferred.
Candidates for this position will be required to submit Tax Filing Records, Employment Verification Check, and Fingerprints that will be used to check criminal history records from the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
The State of Arizona provides a world class comprehensive benefits package including:
· Holidays – 10 paid per year. sick leave – 12 days per year. No accrual or carryover limits.
· A robust and affordable insurance plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability options.
· A top-ranked Arizona StateRetirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer-matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
· Up to $5,250 for tuition reimbursement available to seek further career advancement or certification in Continuing Professional Education.
· Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as the Infant at Work Program, Alternate Work Schedule, and Telework opportunity.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
A top-ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer-matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-716-6950.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.