Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS) performs an integral role in improving Arizona’s workforce by assisting individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, and those with barriers, to prepare for and obtain meaningful employment. DERS supports Arizona employers with recruitment assistance by connecting them to a skilled workforce.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Business Analyst with the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Information Technology (IT) team. This position acts as a liaison between IT and multiple business units. It coordinates and oversees the work of multiple business analysts for large, complex projects.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that aﬀords employees ﬂexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in oﬃces, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
• Acting as a liaison between Information Technology and multiple business units; analyzing business processes, organizational procedures, workflow, and information requirements.
• Documenting business, functional and system requirements, and recommending implementation strategies; may include reviewing state & federal policy & writing/reviewing structured business rules.
• Leading projects and working collaboratively with internal and external business and technical partners.
• Creating and updating project plans, schedules, and/or sprints using tools (i.e. TFS, Project, etc.).
• Completing project activities/artifacts and communicating progress/outstanding issues and risks; initiating and tracking change requests using MS Access Databases and other tools.
• Planning, scheduling, facilitating, and documenting meetings with project teams, stakeholder groups, and/or vendors.
• Coordinating and completing testing activities including developing test plans, executing tests, and tracking/reporting test outcomes.
• Coordinating production migrations and validating the correct implementation of deliverables; reviewing key indicators to locate and correct problems; following up and tracking remediation of issues; preparing and delivering oral and written presentations for a wide variety of audiences on both technical and non-technical subjects.
• Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
• Considerable working knowledge of methodologies and techniques for systems analysis and design, business process modeling, requirements gathering/elicitation, quality assurance, and software development.
• Knowledge of Project Management principles, practices, processes, and work products.
• Proficient analytical skills to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, consolidate details and extract to functional requirements.
• Advanced skills in interpreting and understanding program policies and procedures.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with business users to identify and prioritize needs, articulate business impact, and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical partners.
• Ability to present proposed/recommended solutions to various audiences orally and in writing.
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; set goals and objectives; use time efficiently; and communicate activities and results as appropriate.
• A bachelor's degree plus 10 years of experience in business analysis.
• PMI, Scrum Master, Lean or Six Sigma desired.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• The position will require a current, valid Arizona Driver’s License. Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) and have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
• Candidate shall have or meet the requirements to obtain prior to their first day of employment, a valid Level One Arizona fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute 41-1758.07 in order to work with children and vulnerable adults.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work, you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please call (480) 521-0391 or email email@example.com.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480) 521-0391 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.