The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Business Analyst. This position is required to maintain a direct working relationship with staff both internal and external to ISD. They are also responsible for training personnel on the functions of the Recipient and Health Plan Subsystems. This position provides analysis of confidential information and provides written systems analysis and design for tasks that are technical in nature. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate changes that directly, or indirectly, impact the ISD Recipient/Health Plan Subsystems.
• Ensure that all work on the team is performed according to policy and procedure.
• Provide input in support of ISD policy and procedure creation and modifications.
• Develop and mentor staff assigned to the team, including establishing training plans and career development in coordination with team supervisor.
• Attend meetings, classes, seminars, and demos as required by the position.
• Prepare management and status reports as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Complete lifecycle systems design, analysis, and testing procedures
• Demonstrated knowledge of management principles in order to mentor and lead staff toward the successful completion of assignments.
• Knowledge of appropriate Business Requirement Document sections and required artifacts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to apply the principles of SDLC methodologies to improve the department.
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with internal and external business users and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail; interfacing with users and all stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs
• Ability to manage large scale projects, while also coordinating day-to-day requests.
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or 10 years of experience in business analysis (or equivalent experience).
• Experience with broad based IT systems, claims processing systems, Medicaid and/or Medicare (PMI certification, Scrum Master, Lean or Six-sigma certification a plus.
• Work experience in a Systems Project Lead or Management position provides the opportunity for repetition, development and improvement of these skills.
• Formal training and courses, including principles of communication and problem solving.
• 10+ years experience as a (Sr) Business Analyst and/or Programmer Analyst. Or 15+ years in the Medicaid/healthcare industry.
• 5+ years in a healthcare related field (acute care/LTC/Healthplan/etc.)
• Familiarity with mainframe applications/languages (COBOL/IDEAL) (Not required, but highly preferred.)
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
• A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
• A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
• Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
• RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
• A variety of learning and career development opportunities
• Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
• Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
• Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
• Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
• Voluntary participation.
• Program administered through Nationwide.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.