This position is responsible for administration of several ADEQ delegated programs throughout the state of Arizona.
The individual in this position will primarily ensure ADEQ and delegated authorities adhere to the terms as set forth in delegation agreements through project management of performance evaluations. The individual in this position will also provide legal analysis, legal research and writing, contract interpretation, and substantive policy development.
● Knowledge of State and Federal environmental regulations, including the Clean Water Act, environmental sciences and research, AZ sources of pollution, best practices for preventing the release of pollutants, environmental research, investigation techniques and statistical analysis, Agency policies and processes.
● Bachelors’ degree in environmental/civil/geotechnical engineering, hydrogeology or geology. Masters’ degree may substitute for 2 years’ experience, doctorate 4 years’ experience.
● JD in law preferred
● Requires 12 years’ experience
● Senior Qualified Environmental Professional certification through the Institute of Professional Environmental Practice (IPEP) or professional certification through an accredited institution required.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.