PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE. You will be able to upload your resume, unofficial transcripts, and cover letter explaining how your skills are a good fit for the position.
Are you an experienced financial statement auditor looking to make a positive difference in your community? We need effective leaders who can supervise and perform complex and difficult work and ensure audits are conducted in accordance with the AICPA's generally accepted auditing standards and other auditing standards. If this sounds like you, join our team of dedicated accounting professionals who conduct financial statement and compliance audits of the State and its universities, counties, and community colleges.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, employees currently work a hybrid in-person/telecommuting schedule. This schedule is subject to change. Additionally, the Office has implemented safety guidelines and protocols to help ensure everyone's safety.
Arizona Auditor General. Our senior auditors assist in drafting our Office’s opinions and reports, supervising and evaluating auditor Is and IIs, and handling administrative tasks, such as planning and coordinating audits, determining team member assignments, managing time budgets, and reviewing team member audit documentation.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree with 24 completed semester hours of accounting and a minimum 3.0 GPA in accounting courses. Minimum of 5 years of financial statement audit experience, including supervising audit work, reviewing audit documentation, leading and motivating team members, and effectively communicating both verbally and in writing with high-level management. Placement or promotion to Senior Auditor requires the demonstrated proficiency and capability of a seasoned technical audit professional who understands complex accounting and reporting requirements and who has performed advanced and more difficult audit work.
The ideal candidate will also have the following:
• Proven ability to work independently and work collaboratively and lead others, with a full understanding of internal controls, including information technology general controls, financial reporting and federal compliance controls, and audit theory, principles, and techniques.
• Experience leading an audit engagement.
• Knowledge and understanding of AICPA’s auditing standards and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board’s accounting and reporting standards.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge of financial auditing standards, financial accounting and reporting standards, and federal compliance requirements in planning and conducting audit activities.
• Follows the highest level of integrity by following professional standards, building and sustaining trust, promoting an ethical climate in the organization, and handling confidential and sensitive information with due care.
• Strong project and personal management skills, including the ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently, both individually and with teams, and effectively handles deadlines.
• Demonstrates exceptional communication skills with others inside and outside of the division through building and maintaining speaking, writing, and facilitation and presentation skills.
• Experience leading team members in completing audit projects, and coordinating communication, assignments, travel activities, and audit completion and reporting. Develops audit reports and presentations for management review, concurrence, response, and followup.
• Ability to think with a creative and innovative perspective, keeping up to date on technologies that might enhance processes, and open to change and improvements.
The Arizona Auditor General offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Generous vacation with 10 paid holidays per year and paid sick leave
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Retirement plan with 100% employer match
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life
• Flexible work schedules, including telecommuting options
• Business casual dress code
• Continuing education and path to advancement
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Arizona State Retirement System
If you have any questions, please contact Beth Entringer at 602-553-9854 or email@example.com for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.