Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through providing services to support them? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Benefits & Medical Eligibility (DBME) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Human Resources Analyst.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State's Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
Under general direction of the Human Resources Manager, this position exercises independent judgment in the coordination and administration of all aspects of Talent Acquisition actions to ensure compliance with Department of Economic Security (DES) policies and federal and state regulations.
• Develops and implements new recruitment strategies, programs, and procedures.
• Pro-actively works with hiring manager, human resources business partner, and executive leadership team regarding future organizational structure.
• Composes job announcements and prepares requisitions in Talent Acquisition talent management system. Reviews resumes, employment applications and coordinates candidate interviews.
• Provides guidance and direction to management adhering to the Background Check, Clearance Card Policy and Reference Checks Policy.
• Leads and collaborates on complex projects/reports related to ongoing recruitment initiatives as required.
• Researches, analyzes, and presents data related to area of assignment.
• Federal and state employment laws, state statutes, rules and regulations.
• Current principles, practices and methods used in the administration of an HR field, specifically in Operations, Classification & Compensation, Employee Relations and Talent Acquisition.
• Full cycle recruiting components including sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, relationship management and due diligence.
• The Human Resources Information System (HRIS) screens and their uses.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• Researching, collecting, and analyzing data and reports.
• Computer skills in Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Internet, and HRIS.
• Act in partnership and support of colleagues across the company with a focus on supporting the overall HR organization strategy.
• Set priorities and maintain professional demeanor, organization, and accuracy in a fast paced work environment.
• Comprehend and make inferences from written material.
• Assign, review, and evaluate the work of others.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or closely related field and two (2) years of related Human Resource experience in staffing and the selection process or equivalent experience. Relevant HR Certification.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on State business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
By providing the option of a full-tune or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work, you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please call Anthony Vallone at (480) 356.2946 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting Anthony Vallone at (480) 356-2946 or email email@example.com. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.