The Arizona Department of Revenue is currently seeking a motivated, innovative, and solutions-driven individual to work as our new Senior/Lead Applications Developer. This position will analyze highly complex client requests, design and develop complex n-tier solutions object-oriented, and or client/server using industry-standard Software Development Life Cycle methods. Perform problem analysis on complex applications and develop/document coding solutions. Ability to understand/design/create database objects (i.e., tables, columns, indices, stored procedures, relationships, and views). Write effective technical documentation, support, and user manuals.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develops new applications to meet functional and technical designs
• Supports production systems; analyzes and resolves production problems in a timely manner; resolves end-user service requests as assigned
• Engages with business analysts and stakeholders to understand functional requirements, and contributes to completion of technical specifications
• Creates deliverables according to the Software Development Lifecycle such as functional and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, and system documentation
• Assists in training new hires and provide guidance to Jr Developers when required
• Performance tunes, reviews and recommends improvements to existing code
• Reviews and recommends improvements to existing architectures
• Multiple programming languages, multiple database management systems, and multiple development platforms.
• Business analysis, system design, and application/software development in an n-tier, object-oriented, client/server environment.
• All phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for complex n-tier, object-oriented client/server development efforts
• Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET technologies, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server,
• Release and configuration management
• Technologies and underlying principles
• Fundamentals of objects oriented and service software design principles.
• Analyzing highly complex client requests and designing and developing highly complex n-tier solutions object-oriented, and or client/server solutions.
• Performing complex problem analysis and identifying solutions.
• Ability, understanding the creation of database objects (i.e., tables, columns, indices, stored procedures, relationships, and views).
• Developing and writing effective technical documentation, user manuals, and, where applicable, online help systems.
• Develop client/server strategies.
• Bring projects to completion on time and within budget using Software Design Life Cycle and the established Project Management Methodologies.
• Research and analyze information.
• Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
• Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
• Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
• Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
• Develop and write technical documentation
• Quickly learn and develop new programming languages, APIs, and platforms.
• Evaluate and test emerging technologies.
• Apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met.
• Create metrics for software development areas.
• Support and develop application developers by providing advice, coaching, identify and recommend training opportunities.
• Deliver successful projects.
• Manage development projects utilizing a formal project management methodology.
• Manage time-boxed Production Support defect releases and full, effort-driven, enhancement releases.
• Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with customers and staff at all levels.
• Develop n-tiered web applications.
• Learn and apply LEAN concepts, principles, and tools used to create and deliver perspectives with the fewest resources with continuous problem-solving.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Bachelor's degree plus 8 or more years of programming and analysis experience (or equivalent experience).
• Experience with Continuous Improvement or LEAN is preferred.
Candidates for this position will be required to submit to a Criminal History Investigation, Tax Filing Records, and Employment Verification check prior to an official job offer.
The State of Arizona provides a world-class comprehensive benefits package including:
· Holidays – 10 paid per year. sick leave – 12 days per year. No accrual or carryover limits.
· A robust and affordable insurance plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability options.
· A top-ranked Arizona StateRetirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer-matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
· Up to $5,250 for tuition reimbursement available to seek further career advancement or certification in Continuing Professional Education.
· Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as the Infant at Work Program, Alternate Work Schedule, and Telework opportunity.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
A top-ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer-matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-716-6950.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.