PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE. You will be able to upload your resume, unofficial transcripts, and cover letter explaining how your skills are a good fit for the position.
Do you thrive when working on multiple projects simultaneously? Are you a leader and a mentor? Our Performance Audit Division needs experienced leaders who enjoy research and writing, are familiar with government auditing standards, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Join us and help improve government agencies and programs!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, employees currently work a hybrid in-person/telecommuting schedule. This schedule is subject to change. Additionally, the Office has implemented safety guidelines and protocols for our team members to follow to help ensure their and agency personnel’s safety.
Our senior auditors oversee audit teams as they draft our Office’s audit reports, supervise and evaluate auditor Is and IIs, and handle various administrative tasks, such as managing audit budgets, team member assignments, and evaluations. Our senior auditors effectively, diplomatically, and concisely discuss audit plans, issues, concerns, and findings with all stakeholders, including auditee governance and legislative members.
A master's degree in the social sciences, humanities, or other professional field, such as History, Journalism, Investigative Journalism, Political Science, Public Administration, or Public Policy, emphasizing analytical skills, research, writing, and organization of data and at least 3 years of experience in performance auditing, financial auditing, internal auditing, program evaluation, management or policy analysis, or related experience, with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Placement or promotion to Senior Auditor requires the demonstrated proficiency and capability of a seasoned technical audit professional to perform advanced and more difficult work.
The ideal candidate will also have the following:
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively, and lead others in a professional and ethical manner.
• Proven experience leading a performance audit engagement.
• Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards.
• Strong research abilities and exemplary oral and written communication.
• Follows the highest level of integrity by following professional auditing standards, building and sustaining trust, promoting an ethical climate in the organization, and handling confidential and sensitive information with due care.
• Strong project and personal management skills, including the ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently, both individually and with teams, while meeting established deadlines.
• Exceptional communication skills with others inside and outside of the Office through building and maintaining speaking, writing, and facilitation and presentation skills.
• Experience leading staff members in completion of team audit projects, and coordinating communication, assignments, travel activities, and audit completion and reporting.
• Ability to think with a creative and innovative perspective, keeping up to date on technologies that might enhance processes, and be open to change and improvements.
The Arizona Auditor General offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Generous paid vacation and sick leave with 10 paid holidays per year.
• Medical insurance, with the employer covering 88% of the premium cost.
• Retirement plan with 100% employer match of the 12.22% employee contribution and additional deferred compensation options.
• Business casual dress.
• Flexible Monday through Friday work schedules, including customizable work hours and telecommuting options.
• Continuing education provided and paid for by the employer.
• Tuition assistance program for those who qualify.
• Clear path to advance your career.
• Dental and vision insurance.
• Long-term disability insurance and optional short-term disability insurance.
• $15,000 life insurance policy and options to purchase additional coverage and supplemental coverage for dependents.
• Optional flexible spending accounts.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Arizona State Retirement System
If you have any questions, please contact Beth Entringer at 602-553-9854 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.