We are looking to hire a talented Senior SharePoint developer to create customized SharePoint solutions for the Department of Child Safety. As a SharePoint developer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day, projects related to maintenance, enhancement, problem resolution, system analysis, impact analysis, system designs configuring and customizing SharePoint systems, building scalable web applications, writing and modifying code, debugging software, and training staff for the Department of Child Safety. The Senior SharePoint developer will need to engage with customer requirements and produce impact analysis, estimates, and other reports as required.
To ensure success as a Senior SharePoint developer, you should have extensive knowledge of SharePoint and MS Office software, proficiency with front-end programming languages, and the ability to solve complex software issues. Ultimately, a Senior SharePoint developer can create clean, scalable SharePoint websites that meet all the Department of Child Safety design and functionality requirements.
• Assists end-users with day-to-day questions/help requests and needs for SharePoint; works request tickets, updates content and assists with design and coding of SharePoint sites.
• Meeting with the design team to review website and application requirements.
• Setting tasks and development goals.
• Configuring the Department of Child Safety SharePoint systems to specified requirements.
• Developing new web components using XML, .NET, SQL, and C#.
• Designing, coding, and implementing scalable applications.
• Extending SharePoint functionality with forms, web parts, and application technologies.
• Testing and debugging code.
• Reviewing website interface and software stability.
• Troubleshooting software issues.
• Maintaining and updating SharePoint applications.
• Providing systems training to staff and customers.
• Extensive knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, and .NET Frameworks.
• LEAN Management; continuous improvement
• Leading initiatives to develop solutions and processes to meet needs; identifying unique innovative approaches
• Customer service
• Interpersonal, written and oral communication
• Balancing, prioritizing and organizing multiple tasks
• Synthesizing feedback and adjusting plans accordingly
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
• High-level coding skills.
• Ability to solve complex software issues.
• Evaluate and test emerging technologies; create solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
• Understand and anticipate needs and priorities of both internal and external customers
• Respond promptly to customer needs; meet commitments; listen to others without interrupting, keep emotions under control, remain open to others' ideas, and try new things
• Maintain confidentiality
• Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
• Ability to project manage
• Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
• Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Will be subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training.
The ability to secure and maintain a Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card. The ability to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.