The Department of Economic Security, Division of Technology Services (DTS) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Systems Administrator. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist with daily support, maintenance, governance, and customer service of the all the enterprise software systems.
The state of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State's Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
• Proactively solves complex problems and works collaboratively to take action to resolve technical issues. Serves as the technology specialist for enterprise software solutions. Supports enterprise technology solutions based on the roles available. Obtains facts and explains complex information to internal employees and contractors. Actively participates in the design, development, and implementation for the DES system. Supports the team through implementation of testing scenarios. Supports implementation of controls through creation of manuals, standards, procedures, reports, and/or presentations using a variety of desktop applications.
• Participates in enterprise software related projects as a technical subject matter expert. Provides recommendations for enterprise software products. Ensures DES enterprise software solutions meet business needs and works with security to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Facilitates standard work creation and updates. Reviews configuration change proposals for compliance to established standards, guidelines, and policies. Gather, analyze, and evaluate policy processes or procedures. Ensures compliance with standards for systems software, security, and documentation.
• Conducts daily usage analysis, identifies, and characterizes incidents, generates incident reports, and investigates suspicious activity. Monitors, and directs proactive and reactive computer network defense measures to ensure the availability, integrity, confidentiality, and reliability of systems.
• Knowledge of various infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise.
• Knowledge of Google Workspace, Cherwell, eFax, web meeting platforms, Adobe Creative Cloud, printing service support, and various other 3rd party commercial off the shelf (COTS) and SaaS software.
• Knowledge of performing advanced design, maintenance and repair of Google services and hardware.
• Knowledge of installing and repairing Google hardware and software.
• Skill in identifying opportunities for use of solutions to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
• Skill in leading initiatives to develop solutions and processes to meet needs and identifying unique innovative approaches.
• Skill in reviewing and recommending equipment, resources, and software; assisting with development or preparation of department level budget and initiating purchasing.
• Skill in prioritizing and planning work activities setting goals and objectives, using time efficiently, communicating activities and results as appropriate.
• Ability to respond to customer needs, take a customer-centric approach to problem solving, solicit customer feedback to improve service, respond to requests for service and assistance meetings, and meet commitments.
• Ability to participate in reviews of assigned and completed tasks. and provide relevant metrics as needed.
• Ability to work with minimal guidance regularly participate in reviews of assigned and completed tasks.
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
• 3+ years’ experience in ITSM or Service Desk support
• 3+ years’ experience in system administration
• ITIL Foundation Certified
• Bachelor's degree or 5 or more years of experience in systems administration (or equivalent experience).
• Applicants for this position will be required to apply for and show proof of receipt of a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card that meets DES requirements for a Level One card.
• Valid Arizona drivers’ licenses required.
• In-state and out-of-state travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspensions or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required PRIOR to driving for State business.
• Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Apply through azstatejobs.azdoa.gov. For questions about this career opportunity, please call Benson Walker at 480-318-4150 or email email@example.com.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 480-318-4150.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.